Ideal Tyre Pressures on 812SF | FerrariChat

Ideal Tyre Pressures on 812SF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Shack, Jan 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Hi All,

what have you found are the ideal tyre pressures front and back for spirited driving ?

ambient is around 24degrees C

Thanks

2. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I have been using 33 front and 30 rear.

Shack likes this.
  3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    assume that’s cold?

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Have a look in the owners manual. It usually gives more detailed information than the sticker on the door.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Yup did that but would prefer "real experience" from people who have driven 812 on B, C roads at speed.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    yes cold. I have run 29 f / 28 r as well. Slightly more comfortable and combined with the rear wheel steering the grip seems better but it seemed more obvious than 33/30.

Shack likes this.
  7. Thomas S.

Thomas S. Karting

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Any different tire pressure recommended for high-speed runs (e.g. on German Autobahns or high-speed tracks)?

8. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #8 Frank_C, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    I run (PZC4) 33/32 hot on the track as per Pirelli.

Unlike the OEM Corsas, the PZC4 handle heat extremely well and if bled into that optimum level will maintain pressures throughout not only the day but the entire weekend without needing to be bled again. Thus you can just look just at your tire temps to adjust lap times.

The OEMs handled heat poorly and would continue to balloon to high 30s and had to be bled nearly every session if not during a session.

Also, going softer didn't show any advantage at all- this car is heavy and needs that extra sidewall strength the optimum pressures give.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #9 Il Co-Pilota, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    What ever pressure keeps your pressure from spiking and keeps it around 2.3 bar squared hot. If you start out high, it is easy to get larger fluctuations in pressure and temp. This is for MPS4S. It will differ for Pirellis. As was touched upon the stock PZ4 is not very stable. Try and keep them in the 2.1-2.2 bar range. In any case, neither PZ4 or MPS4S shoes like to get above 60 C, so keep an eye on that. If you want a set of tyres for spirited driving and track, get the TDF PZC4 set as mentioned above. On the street however with those ambient temps, I'd stick to Michelin 4S rubber.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and Shack like this.
  10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Perfect and thanks. Will experiment with around 2.3 as have MPS4S on the car. Dealer did recommend lower pressure on the rears though at spirited speed. I might try 2.3 front and 2.1 rear and see how I go.

11. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    I have the OEM PZ tires. What are some of the benefits of switching to the Michelin 4S other than more stable temperatures?

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    More grip in wet and dry. They also run quieter and smoother, and the tramlining disappears.

gzachary and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Oh thats interesting. Il have to check them out. Thanks.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  14. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I've heard that a lot about MPS 4S being better the P Zeros...wonder why Ferrari doesn't just ship the car with MPS 4S?

I plan to switch mine to MPS 4S when the stock ones (P Zero) wear out.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #15 Il Co-Pilota, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Because Pirelli delivers tyres for the Challenge, F1 and Corse Pilota. And lastly, it's an Italian brand. It's just business. When Bridgestone was in F1, Ferrari supplied cars with Bridgestone and Pirelli shoes. If Ferrari stops supplying their cars with Pirelli tyres, then they will kick up a proper stink. Have you noticed that all halo cars come with Pirellis? While the current fast tyre on the SF90 is the Cup2R, don't be surprised if the F80 will have a Pirelli variant. The "normal" SF90 shoe is alsp Pirelli.

Here's an interesting trend to think about. All cars that Ferrari expect to get higher mileage or be used as dailies, debut with Michelins. Lusso, FF, 458, 488, F8, Cali T, Porto etc. All feature Michelins mostly. 812, SF90, early F12, TdF. Primarily Pirelli. Most track focused cars also feature Michelins. SF90 AF, Pista, Speciale and the GTO even. See a trend? They don't ship the most used and tracked cars with Pirellis. They mostly, or purely come with Michelins.

Like with the F12, now that the MPS4S 812 shoe is out, you will see more and more clients switch to that, and clients ordering a new GTS will be enquiring about Michelins. It's Italian companies supporting each other.

Caeruleus11 likes this.