Detailing - Bethlehem/Allentown/Easton/Center Valley/Philly | FerrariChat

Detailing - Bethlehem/Allentown/Easton/Center Valley/Philly

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Level7, Jan 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    I am looking for a great detailer who can install PPF, ceramics, etc. If anyone has recent experience and can make a recommendation, I would appreciate it. I am closest to Center Valley, but would travel as far as Philly for the right installer. I would even consider an installer just across the PA/NJ border. My understanding is that many of the major film/ceramic brands are similar and the key is to find the right installer who has experience working on exotic cars/Ferraris.

Thanks in advance.

2. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    T. Hunt at Museo Detail and Modern Elix PPF in West Chester, PA. They share the same shop and do excellent work. Including all the Algar cars.
    They can arrange transportation for your car as well.

Fmuto42 and colombo2cam like this.
  3. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Thanks! This is perfect as I am buying a new car at Algar and will just have it delivered to their shop as opposed to my home. I will call them on Tuesday. This is a big help. Thanks again.

TJsBeer likes this.
  4. MoreGarages413

MoreGarages413 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Suburban Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Jay B
    I have heard good comments about Oakes Detailing in West Chester PA. I have not yet used them, so my mention is second hand info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt1995 likes this.
  5. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Thank you for the information! I will call them.

6. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    Drop my name. They know me well.
    And DO NOT use Oaks!!!
    I've had bad experiences with him as well as many others in our area.

Fmuto42 likes this.
  7. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    TJsBeer - thanks. I spoke to Jay today who provided me with pricing. He mentioned doing all of Algar's work as well. I am just waiting for the next few months for delivery of my car! He recommended the Competition package for PPF, ceramic on the entire car, and the Wheels Off Package. In total about $5500 worth of work. He was not sure of any new car prep work on the factory paint - he wanted to wait to see the actual car but said to anticipate another $200 or so. Overall a good conversation. Thanks again.

TJsBeer likes this.
  8. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    Excellent!
    They will do it right.
    You'll be pleased.

9. MoreGarages413

MoreGarages413 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Suburban Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Jay B
    Without hijacking this thread, is there a thread that speaks of these bad experiences? Would like to five it a read as i have not heard this prior....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    In general you should ask for before and after pictures under the same lights with whomever you choose to use. I also like to get paint meter readings (pre PPF) by any company I would use. The very good detailers should be easily be able to provide you this data, Just my ,2 cts and good luck!

E60 M5 likes this.
  11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Agree with everything said here.

12. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    Hands down best in the area!

Fmuto42 and TJsBeer like this.
  13. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My 575 is with Modern Elix for PPF right now. Literally haven't heard anything but a 10/10 review, but haven't needed PPF recently.
    Have has work done by T @ Museo though, and they are indeed as good as people say.

TJsBeer likes this.
  14. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Just wanted to circle back - how was your experience with Modern Elix? I need to pick a shop for full PPF and ceramic. I have pricing from Museo and wanted to do a bit of comparison shopping between reputable and experienced shops.