Cut your spare key for $14.95 | FerrariChat

Cut your spare key for $14.95

Discussion in '360/430' started by modificator, Jan 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modificator

modificator Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    I've just had Bob Furtado (ebay user rfurtado1) cut me a Ferrari 360 spare key for $14.95 and it works great!

He did not know that he can do Ferrari 360 keys : - ), but I've sent him the code to try and I've purchased Alfa Romeo GT 16AP blank (you can use any blank, Ferrari or suitable Fiat/Alfa which are under $10 including shipping).

BTW, the original "large" Ferrari blanks are getting quite expensive, seeing one on ebay for $700.00

To me clicking "Buy" on ebay and adding a note with the code is much more convenient than trying to duplicate an existing key or trying to get a key from a dealer.

(No affiliation with Bob, I just used his services several times before to get keys for my classic Fiats and Alfas)

2. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Could this work for the 430?

3. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Look on Alibaba.com. I ordered a new key for my 430 because the red case was a little dull. The new key from them was $15.00. I ended up just using one half of the red case.
    I’m sure a locksmith could cut you a new key from the blank.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. modificator

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    @carguy2007 430 metal part of the key looks exactly like the 360 so cutting from a code should work as well - just give it a try with some cheap blank to find out and let us know. Of course a locksmith could do a copy, but a copy will likely be less precise and you need to spend time going to a locksmith or risk shipping the original key

5. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    sorry if this is a dumb questions but where do you find the code for your key?

6. modificator

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    Either on a separate "code card" which came with the car or inside the "Warranty Card and Service Book" on the back of the front page, hidden behind a folded red "Ferrari" logo

7. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you. .I know i dont have the card because i was looking to get a new fob and couldnt find it. Ill check the service book.

8. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Sometime about sending my key code to someone else is sitting well with me ..maybe just my paranoia

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

armedferret likes this.
  9. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    I got a couple of keys for my 360 for 9.5 pounds sterling each mailed to my address. They supplied the blank and cut the keys from a photo that I sent them of an existing key. I specified an Alfa style key blank as I wanted it to be as small as possible for fitting in my pocket...the original Ferrari 90 degree key is really bulky particularly with the fob attached. From keytraders.com in the UK.

No affiliation to me.

10. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark

Or of ordering from alibaba lol. If I need a gross of monster-face pencil toppers for a school carnival, sure thing.

For a Ferrari key, alibaba maaaaayyy not be the ideal supplier.

11. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Most key shops have ILCO blanks

They are about $5.00 each

12. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Anyone do this with a 430 and have a key cut with out code from locksmith.