Check Control Centre | FerrariChat

Check Control Centre

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jpnel, Dec 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpnel

jpnel Rookie

Jan 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nelson
    Hi, I am currently restoring the interior of my 308QV and want to replace the face of the check control centre that is scratched and faded. Has anyone had any experience in having the face replaced? It is relatively simple to remove but has anyone had a new face made?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Hi John

Did they have that? I thought it's Mondial only. Any pics?

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I know that jewelers can polish up watch faces, might be worth a look !!

4. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    If you are referring to the check control on the Mondial (not sure if that was a 308 feature), you can clean it up quite a bit by the following:

1. Remove the check control. See forum for method as you must remove the connections from below the console. Don't pry it out from above.
    2. Tape off the outer edge (the painted metal portion)
    3. Get a foam buffing pad for your drill. I would suggest a white or black foam pad, not a heavy cutting one.
    4. Use a rubbing or polishing compound. I would recommend Meguiars 105 followed by 205.
    5. Polish slowly and carefully. Don't stay in one position to long as it's easy to burn plastic when polishing. Mine took around 6 passes with 105 an about 3 with 205. Followup with your favorite wax.
    6. You will lose the OEM "matte" finish, however, you should be able to get out most if not all reasonable scratches (i.e. those that can't be caught on a finger nail).

If there is substantial fading or gouging, this probably won't work, but should make it better..

Hope that helps!

5. jpnel

jpnel Rookie

Jan 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nelson
    My apologies all, I thought this was on the Mondial forum. Yes it is a Mondial. Will try the polishing but the colour on the underneath is also patchy. Regards

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    There's some issue on the back side of the color spaces...

7. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    The display surface is originally matt to stop reflections.