Goose Bay trip | FerrariChat

Goose Bay trip

Discussion in 'Canada' started by afwrench, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wife wants to drive to Goose Bay.I served there in 1973. Where is the best place to cross? From Maine or New York? looks like one route once you get up north a bit. Thanks ,Mike

2. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    Borders are closed and if you get across Quebec Police will pull over Foreign plates and ask you reason for travel. Besides now Quebec and Ontario are going in a lockdown.

3. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Denis. Not going any time soon ,just wondering about the route in general. Any thoughts? Thanks again,Mike

4. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Heh, not sure how I missed this one...I guess it depends on what you want to see on the way. I'd suggest going via Montreal (entering from New York), there are some beautiful roads in the Laurentians just north of the city. Then a nice drive to historic Quebec City, and see the whales in Tadoussac. Then it's pretty much one choice of road up to Wabush.

5. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you Mat that is what I was looking for. Mike

tantumaude likes this.
  6. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    Peter likes this.
  7. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Denis, thanks for the youtube link. I was stationed at Goose Bay almost 50 yrs ago and want to see it once more in the near future. Mike

8. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Mike,

if you are going to drive route 138 I suggest you take time to stop in Baie Saint-Paul and spend a night at hotel Le Germain or le Manoir Richelieu in La Malbaie. Nice little restaurants near by both places.