Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo... | Page 214 | FerrariChat

Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Condor Man, Jan 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I never get tired of highway 1 :cool:

308 GTB and m5shiv like this.
  2. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    HAHAHA! Ticket or?

3. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm guessing an older photo? I thought you went back to OEM wheels?

@Salami it could have been a sound ticket since Nifty has that delicious fabio set up!

4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Great shot... Not hard to figure out what has happened. Please tell the story behind this picture.

5. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    It was an incredibly nice officer who was curious about the car last summer. This was with the loud exhaust setup too! He even stood in the right lane to direct traffic while I took the photo.

mmyhorses and F456M like this.
  6. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Good to know! I had always heard this, but thankfully do not have first hand experience (and intend to keep it that way!). For better/worse, seems like you may have experience here... care to elaborate?

7. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    I remember spotting Linus Pauling's mail box driving along Highway 1.

m5shiv likes this.
  8. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    On a public forum ?:eek:

F456M likes this.
  9. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    No laws broken from the passenger seat ;)

paulchua and F456M like this.
  10. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’ve not had to use it....but my favorite podcast “the smoking tire” suggest never paying a ticket, always engaging an attorney and they have the following sponsor.....called “off the record”. No affiliation or gain for me, just a very big fan of Smoking Tire content.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I just found this picture on Instagram... Taken by Insta profile kenmsaito (follow him). It must be the most «expencive» look of any Maranello I have seen..

12. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Start with helpigotaticket.com
    Geo. has trained me well. I have won in the appeals court against ignorant judges.

I only use the attorney route for triple digit action.

13. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Needs spacers !

DZ-96 and F456M like this.
  14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Enzo boy and his dad at work... Antibes today! Went to see another Cigarette boat. Sat in a horrendous traffic jam for two houres on the way back to Villefranche. Almost ran out of gas! Believe it or not. Had a pit stop mid ways to take a few new shots. You’ve probably seen it before..., but here goes.

Needless to say, i LOVE this car. And ENZO of course. Winter is good. 12 cyl.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No more engine cooling problems in traffic jams I hope?

F456M likes this.
  16. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Has anybody given 575 headlights the SA treatment and changed the headlight trim from grey to silver?

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Joe- Not that I have seen. Easy enough to do since the headlight covers were designed as replaceable parts, but Ferrari never produced them. I looked at some very late 575Ms (last US 575M 141817) to see if they had gone to silver, but no, still gray. Some late 575Ms did have the SA all body color lower parts instead of black, so thought that may have been the case again with headlights, but no. Color code likely Argento Nurburgring/Argento Metallizzato (same color), PPG 36520.

18. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #5344 F456M, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Hi Ryan!

No, not at all a problem anymore. They cycle on and off. Needle never above «12 o’clock» which is 90 degrees Celcius. Now, the outside temp is only 10-15 degrees so I feel the air also cools a lot better now than hot air in the summers. But the new more powerful fans, separate relays and wiring, 575 fan shroud, 550 Barchetta/575 waterpump pulley really transformed the relax and enjoy factor to 10 points compared to the horrors of the past, where cooling was the one and only watch that needle before it goes into red and be prepared to call for a tow truck when the engine has blown up feeling... It really was a nightmare. I love the new situation and the fact that I have new components taking care of the single most important job except from making the car move forward. And the other good thing is that they are somewhat loud so I clearly hear that they both go on, one after the other. I am 100% sure the AC will also perform better because it also cools the condenser much better. Previously, the AC blew cold, but after about 20 minutes in traffic, the air did not have that real cold temp anymore. And I guess it was due to the temp of the refrigerant going up. So now I look forward to test it in the summers. But still, I want to modify the interior fan speed so 3 becomes a bit faster that it is, as 4 is ok for a minute or two to get the temp down in the beginning after start up if the car has been left in the sun, but far too loud to make it run constantly. Where is that unit that makes the fan run at various speeds? Have anyone done this modification? I believe I have read about that here a long time ago?

So my favourite 456/550/575 picture (relating to the thread theme), is actually this picture where the new fans went into the car... Quite a fun job! It took some patience.

308 GTB, Patrik550, NE550 and 3 others like this.
  19. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Terry, could be an interesting. I have noticed the painted lowers on late cars, but never the Argento headlight headlight trim treatment. I'm surprised by that. Well, filed away for a rainy day if the mood strikes.

-Joe

20. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    ( Cleaning up photo library and found this)....Pit stop at Wynn-Penske for oil change, on the way to Yosemite and SF. Luggage and wife all fit in the 575. :>)

21. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What a pretty dog!
    The car ain't bad either!
    T

Spider68 and F456M like this.
  22. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I have to ask, in all your 100+ K miles of road trips have you ever been stranded in your 575?
    T

F456M likes this.
  23. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Twice...First time, I think that I had driven to NOLA and decided to drive along the Texas Gulf Coast. Heading home, driving around Houston, there had been an accident on I-610. I ran over residual metal and shredded the right rear. It was 2:00 AM and raining; pulled over on grass and stepped in Fire Ants when I got out to check for damage. Flatbed to FOH, no damage other than a bent rim, had to wait a week for rim to come from Italy.

Second time I was headed to SF to meet the wife who was going to run the SF marathon. Stopped at Winslow, AZ. next morning started the car and there was a loud screeching sound, immediately shut down. Instant sick feeling of major, $$$$$, engine failure. Flatbed to Scottsdale. Turned out to be seized AC compressor. If I had know what the problem was, I could have dc/d the AC and driven. Had to wait a few days for new compressor then headed to LV to recover from the "trauma".:>)

F456M, Bluebottle, tomc and 1 other person like this.
  24. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Cool picture! I agree with you! The luggage you can put into these cars ar ALOT! Which is a good thing sometimes!