Vintage Go Karting | FerrariChat

Vintage Go Karting

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by dwhite, Aug 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Not really sure where to post this. Is anyone involved in this. I'm talking about older karts from the early 60s.

I've been thinking about getting into this and was curious if there is any info someone can share. Always enjoyed go karting, but don't want to be doing much over 60mph flat out in a kart.

Thanks and if it's in the wrong area, please move this.

2. 356racing

356racing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Would love to run in the dirt. We still have our karts from the 60’s and 70’s.

3. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Just thought I'd share an experience: A good buddy took me for a day of Shifter Karts with Jim Russell Racing. O. M. G. !!! These easily do a hundred. The braking G's are immense, as well as cornering. I learned you must be in top physical condition to pilot these. Insane fun! I wouldn't want to do this all the time. While doing it, the danger / risk was not considered, but every time the session was over, it was quite sobering to realize what I was just doing. I was nervous getting back in, but after the green flag, the fun started, followed by the cycle of realization. I would guess it's physically demanding like rodeo riding.

N-Joy!!