Casting photos from PC to Samsung Smart TV? | FerrariChat

Casting photos from PC to Samsung Smart TV?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by amenasce, Oct 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Is that possible?

Is see Samsung has a gallery app but it seems to only capture what i have on my android phone. I would like to have my PC cast my photos to my TV through wifi.

Anyone knows an app for that?

2. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    You can't do it directly to the TV from a PC so far as I know, although you could hook it up to the HDMI output and use it as a monitor. To cast it wirelessly, you need a google chromecast or, if you have a mac, an apple tv.

You can also get a wireless usb drive, put that on your tv, and copy things to it from your computer, and your tv should see whatever is on the USB drive. Bit convoluted, and I am not sure it would work as well as it sounds, because you have to somehow get the tv to keep refreshing the data from the thumb drive--typically it's only done when the drive is inserted or when you switch to the input.

3. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    You can also use your pc to put the pics on a website or hosting service like dropbox or flickr, and then use the browser in your tv to browse the website or download the flickr app to see the flickr stream..

4. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If you're running Win 10, go to settings/devices/bluetooth/add
    On the popup, pick wireless display or dock
    Put your TV in discover mode and pair
    Your PC is now mirrored to the TV!

Attached Files: