430 - Scuderia US Carbon Package | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia US Carbon Package

Discussion in '360/430' started by stan996turbo, Dec 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    How much less would a 08 Scuderia be without the US Carbon Package vs one with it? $10k?

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If it isn't a deal breaker then 10k seems to be the going figure

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Cgk360 and DeTomasoGTS74 like this.
  3. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    The nice thing about the non carbon headlamps is they don’t get that nasty mold thing inside.

f355spider likes this.
  4. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is it mold? Have not been able to find a definitive answer. Tried hitting it up with my heat gun and it went away for a couple weeks but came back. That said both Scud (with US carbon pkg)and the Enzo suffer from this.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
  6. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    No idea. I only play a doctor on TV. It looks like condensation. Go to any large gathering of Scud and 16Ms and 80% with carbon headlamps have it.

7. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I don’t need to, I have it on mine as mentioned above. It looks more like frost.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I had my headlights cleaned up by this shop http://www.premiermotorsport.us/home I spoke with the owner of the shop and he said they have done a bunch of Scuds, 16Ms and even a few Enzos. He postulated it was some sort of off gassing from the cheap CF laminate Ferrari used. He warned me it would eventually come back, though not as quickly nor as severely. After 5 years, he is correct...I can see faint traces coming back...not terrible...

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Depends the US carbon package that was made standard on late 2008 and all 2009 US SCUDS .... include a lot and would be a deal breaker for many ...so in a day when an excellent 2009 could be purchased for under 200k a 2008 With the package could be bought for 160 and up and there seems to be plenty on the market ...i would think it would drop the value significantly

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i guess this OP refers to the exterior carbon package? i cant stand it for what its worth...its just too much for me

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Yeah pretty sure the us package includes the exterior carbon and the engine compartment panels ....you know the stuff that cost 100k extra on my Pista ...
    Crazy as it seems

12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I like carbon in the cockpit and engine bay.

13. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #13 DeTomasoGTS74, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    I like carbon in the cockpit, the engine bay, the diffuser, hell I like it all over. If there was a Scud made whose entire body was of carbon fiber, I would jump on it. Given my car sits up on the lift the majority of its life, it’s an incredible vantage point to appreciate the beauty in the carbon fiber work under the diffuser.

Attached Files:

LARRYH, honda corse and AandSC like this.
  14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The under body panels are also carbon fiber now that i think about it on my 2009. Not sure if that was part of the us package or std on all of them

15. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    the difference in weight between a carbon and non carbon diffuser/fins is immense, never actually weighed them but have carried them around I would say non carbon is 4-5X heavier

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    OEM Carbon is about 10 lbs. Non Carbon is 20 lbs at the most.

US Carbon Package is :

Carbon headlights
    Carbon front lip
    Carbon rear diffuser
    Carbon side door sills (I think)

The rear diffuser brand new is $8k. Front lip is $1500.

In the used Scud market, I think U.S Carbon Package is $10k premium.

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You can also buy high quality replica front lips and rear diffuser from Exotic Car Gear for $4K. They are pre-preg autoclaved carbon parts and actually weigh a few pounds less than OEM.

I purchased their rear diffuser and can confirm it is high quality and also in the correct 3K plain weave carbon by Toray, which is what Ferrari uses. The main difference between the replicas and OEM is Ferrari lays their plain weave carbon at a 45 degree pattern giving a diamond shaped weave pattern versus a square pattern. This actually takes up twice as much carbon to pull off, but looks much more exotic. Same goes for the front lip.

With the replica rear diffuser, you feel less guilty about destroying the fins :). They offer replacements as well. OEM fins are $1200 each! Never checked prices on the replicas but I know it is much less.

18. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    maybe I am comparing to my F430 OEM diffuser, which is heavier than SCUD non Carbon diffuser