What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 109 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The roads in UK actually dried up long enough for a nice drive out in sun shine this afternoon.
    Just 80 miles done today but big smiles throughout.
    Merry Christmas

miketuason and G. Pepper like this.
  2. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hinecker, Rosey, JuLiTrO and 4 others like this.
  3. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
  4. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    66MK, Manda racing, Jeppedo and 5 others like this.
  5. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
  6. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    #2706 lm2504me, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Yes, I have a 78 GTS. After you remove the dash panel from dash, like my photo, check each bulb for the color based on lens and if a BA9S is needed. All the bulbs are white. If not done, bypass the light dimming coils. Later 308s may have different sizes of bulbs for their gauges than mine. I used a single layer of electrical tape on the VIN and steering wheel hub to prevent damage to the black wrinkle paint.
    I also used a slotted holding screw driver and Phillip holding screwdriver to remove the retaining screws after loosening. Magnetic screw drivers are good too. Tip upper part of panel towards you first when removing. PM me for any additional details.

dinoart likes this.
  7. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Can you tell me what year and make your Ferrari is? I know that sounds pathetic but there is a timeless beauty to your car. I know its a 308.......but it does not have front black rubber bumpers and the front european bottom bumper spoiler is throwing me off. Its not full Euro spec because it has a rectangle yellow turn light on the front fender.......The euro spoiler is so sexy on the 308. Is it just the angle of the pic and you cant see the front bumper? Does it have the the black vents on the top of the hood over the tires? Is it carb or Fuel Inj?

Manda racing likes this.
  8. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Karting

Sep 9, 2013
    Washington, DC.
    Full Name:
    "VD"
    Sweet! I don't always drive at night, but when I do . . . I kinda like to see my gages. Been meaning to do this myself, and I recently had my fuel gauge light burn out on me. Thanks for linking to the bulbs.

9. Milkshaker0007

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My personal choice i have left the original dull worn out 30 year old bulbs still in place, as on the very few times I've driven back in the dark, i like that warm glow i get from my instruments and heating controls, it just feels right.
    The only upgrade to LED's has been to my external lights for better safe visibility, internally nothing have changed, i like it as it is and not lighting up like a Christmas Tree (no pun intended)
    my personal choice, as we all have modern day to day cars with every bell and whistle illuminated to max already, in my 3X8 driving home in the dark with the heating up in cabin, i like that warm natural old school feeling it gives you.
    Happy new Year to you all, lets hope its a much better and safer one for all.

Lawrence Coppari likes this.
  10. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Visited my car in the shop for her Major. She's at 100,100. I dropped off a Baldwin filter as it's red and I like that better than the UFI white. It's the little things :)
    I also signed her up for getting the rims refinished. it's been 10 years & Wheel Collision Center in PA powder coated them. the paint is now bubbling & chipping & flaking off. She'll also get some new valve stems.
    I was driving her the other night and noticed the dash bulbs were dim. Oh heck, truthfully I can't see anything on the gauges anymore. It's too dark. This after replacing them in 2006 with the Italian Car Parts collection. I noted then the speedo was better, but the rest not so much. Jumping the rheostat didn't help
    so I left that functional as I like that it works.
    I think it's time to check out the LED versions.

11. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Karting

Sep 9, 2013
    Washington, DC.
    Full Name:
    "VD"
    Of course they had to change things year-to-year. No surprised . . . . I'll check. I've taken the whole binnacle apart in the (distant) past. Can't remember why, but I must have had a good reason. Once of the first things I did with the car was bypass the rheostat though. Every time I'd go over a speedbump, the lights would dim.

12. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    The rheostat over time has been known to become very hot due to increased resistance. Can result in melting and charring on the tach. You will smell it cook and the smell will always be there. Better to bypass.

waymar likes this.
  13. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    I did the same project, but I had an issue because a couple of LEDs had to be reverse polarity. When I replaced them with reverse polarity LEDs, somehow I shorted the oil pressure gauge and light.

Did you have any such issues?

14. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I had no issues with the LEDs I bought from SuperbrightLeds. All worked great.
    I just purchased a set of LEDs for the 308 exterior lamps from them also.

15. oceanview328

oceanview328 Karting

Dec 7, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Wow that's clean!

16. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Manda racing, Milkshaker0007 and Dane like this.
  17. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    My apologies for the delayed response! On behalf of this Ferrari, I express the gratitude for your kind comments; I am simply the owner/caretaker. In my opinion, there is nothing pathetic about expressing your thoughts about this or any 308!

This 308 is a 1978 American spec' so she's carbureted and thus without the black vents on the hood.

I am the third owner. Either the first or second owner had the rear bumper "pushed-in" whereas the front underwent a significant modification to simply hide the bumper.

The front bumper was also "pushed-in" but essentially "covered" with what you see now. In my opinion, it was tastefully and professionally done; I am certainly proud to experience this 308 every day whether it be for a drive, to maintain/repair with my feeble skills or to simply sit and stair with a beverage in my garage.

Winter Park? Interesting! My wife and I are buying a house in your area in 2022. Let's keep in touch! Dane

18. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
  19. Milkshaker0007

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    nice one Dane so jealous as we have snow again in the UK, enough that Sunny weather

20. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    I feel that pain, Paul! This weather is rare and short lived in Montana especially in January. I slapped the wheels/tires back on her and took advantage of it! I'll be hoping for the same for you in the UK!

Milkshaker0007 likes this.
  21. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Drove the crap out of it

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Dane likes this.
  22. lm2504me

lm2504me Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    My wife and I took a drive on Hwy 1 to Cayucos, CA to see the ocean.

Attached Files:

Dane, miketuason, Jbrauer and 2 others like this.
  23. Ray F

Ray F Karting

Jul 17, 2005
    Somerset, England
    Full Name:
    Ray Forster
    Not all done today, but had the front spare wheel well converted to luggage space, and had a luggage set made to match the interior.

Attached Files:

ragtop1, Dane, Paul Kane and 2 others like this.
  24. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Luggage made for you by Bagworld in Redditch, perhaps?

25. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    For the last 3 weekends I have been sorting out some things like:
    Delete Ungo alarm and radar detector, cleaned up and redone the cabling mess made by some moronic pseudo technitian who butcher and Frankenstein’d my car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Figured out and fixed door arrester which somehow came loose.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Took doors panels out, cleaned up speaker and stereo install

locks and latches and adjusted window cabling. (Forgot to take photos?)

Fixed non working switches

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JuLiTrO, Dane, thorn and 1 other person like this.