Next stablemate for the Pista | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Next stablemate for the Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Dec 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Please, let's not deviate the nice thread. No need to come back with the same punch.

I am not a Lamborghini or McLaren fan. Certainly, they have their place and they are great at what they do. I also smile when I see any of them. I am not certain that I would precisely call them inferior brand. I think it is just a matter of liking and perhaps, that is what he referred to. Any car brand may have their own shortcomings to individual personalities. No car is perfect. We have talked about that. Certain brands may be better than others and become as close to perfect to certain individuals and not to others, and vice versa.

Shadowfax likes this.
  2. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #202 Tommy Boy, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    For me there is no debate on this. Ferrari is a better brand - I have four currently in garage and several on order. But that is all my personal preference.

McLaren and Lambo are not something I can discuss - Lambo and McLaren are beautiful cars, but I did not think the OP was considering them.

Again, sorry for offending anyone. Was not my intent. I sincerely want the OP to buy an 812 SuperFast. I thought his choice came down to only the 812 or the Stradale. I really think he will love the 812, especially because an 812 SuperFast is the perfect garage partner for a Pista.

of2worlds, Thecadster and GT2goneF like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m small time my brother! Wouldn’t know what to do with a 30 car garage. Mine will hold up to 9 in the showcase garage if I squeeze them in. 6 comfortably. Plus we have another 2 car garage for daily use. See pictures of the rendering and the plans.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

racerdj, gzachary, uhn2000 and 8 others like this.
  4. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I sold the 812 after six months. Lost around $40k. I find the base F12 more exciting. The TdF? Incredible!

In your new showcase, alongside the Pista, I would replace the 720 with the fantastic 765. Since you then have the two best mid engine 8’s, then add a TdF. It’s more proven than the SF90, a known quantity, different engine placement, larger, and still very exciting and showcase worthy.

if you insist against the great TdF, I think a convertible gives you a nice alternative. Add the 812 GTS.

gzachary, uhn2000, Fastmd and 5 others like this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Have an open mind. Mclaren makes some great cars as does Lambo as does Porsche. Variety is the spice of life and whether you have 4 Ferrari’s or 40, enjoy all cars. We are all enthusiasts here and many of us appreciate multiple brands.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m gonna call you EF Hutton cause when you talk, I’ll listen!

I had an allocation for the 765 but passed on it. I’ll reconsider when I have a chance to test drive one.
    So you would take a F12 over the 812? I know the TDF is superior but I’m talking a regular F12.

Twosherpaz and GT2goneF like this.
  7. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Would and have. Mind you, my F12 is a beautiful spec 70th anniversary model based on the Testa Rossa.

(The 720 I sold in six months but I Love the 765!)

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So to be fair- you are more of a track rat then me which is why you probably prefer the 765 over the 720. I’ll keep an eye out for 765 and maybe swap 720 in the future. Easier to do now that you have me looking at F12 over the 812. I can apply the extra bucks to the 765. Lol

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I disagree... Lambo is a fair competitor. An AvSV or SVJ is just a very different V12 vs the 812. Different driving experience, different presence. Both respectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coincid, GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I agree, the Perf is a phenomenal car. It felt a bit like an electrical toy to me. I was very close to an SVJ. Instead I traded Perf for Speciale then traded Speciale for TDF.
    Love my wife as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am with you on that. I like Ferraris and Porsche more than any other brand. I would laos take the 812 or preferably the F12 TDF over any other selection. But that is just me. We are allowed to look elsewhere, to expand horizons at the risk of making a mistake. Something good will come out of it. We will learn.

Just like you, I wouldn't own a McLaren or a Lamborghini, but not because they are inferior but because they don't represent me. I feel I would not be a good fit for them and not the other way around. The cars and their brand are obviously great, otherwise they would not still be here in this high end market where the prospective buyers have very high standards, taste and means to acquire them. Believe me, no car would exist in this particular tax bracket, if they didn't meet the requirements and expectations. Inferior is not the right word. It is just a matter of taste/fit/preferences/expectations.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    OH MY GOD, SAM!!!!! This is absolutely stunning!!!! God bless you, wife and property. This is a real beauty. Love the interior garage/showroom. great architecture and design!

SoCal to az likes this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Another one agrees with me!!!! That is three of us... Sam, you listening!!!!

SoCal to az likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Regular F12 vs 812... Because of updated technology and 4WS, I would go 812 SF. If you throw TDF in the mix... You already know what I, Edward and now @Twosherpaz will say.

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Sir Edward... You are on shaky grounds... you sold a CGT!!!!! If it wasn't for that Bianco Italia with Italian Tircolore F12... We wouldn't be talking... LOL

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thank you sir. I’m super excited about the project. My office sits in the loft above the garage over looking the cars. Need to decorate it properly.

Very much appreciate the kind words.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Absolutely... It must be terrible looking down and seeing a 720S, Pista, and another 7 prospective beautiful cars... I feel your pain.

IloveGT and SoCal to az like this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    How much longer for completion?

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    We are waiting on permits. Hoping to break ground next month and then hopefully 14 month build. Lots going on in the household right now. New construction starting, our current house is on sale- likely we will be displaced for some time so I’m trying to plan out the purchases so as not to be a nomad with a bunch of cars and nowhere to park.

I can always rent a garage space or park at friends homes but it’s tricky. Next 12 months are certainly going to be interesting.

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    What about the place here?

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    In Cali? Also under construction. Not ready till the fall. That’s more of a vacation type home. Just a regualr 2 car garage where we will spend a couple months each summer. If my house sells before one of the places is done- it’s Airbnb for me! Lol

22. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    It must be for sure!!

May the Horse be with you

GT2goneF likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL. I thought it was already built. Or is it and you are remodeling? It can be a vacation home and you can also live in it for the time being.

Well, if you sell before it is finished, if you already listed and with that timeframe margin, you likely will. You can always rent something for a little while and store the cars in a nice garage

24. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Now we are talking!!

It is the perfect car to stable up with the Pista.

V12 , long legs, noise from the Gods, touring capability, the ultimate date night car!!

C’mon!!!

May the Horse be with you