Best F430 exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best F430 exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by ThatAussieGuy, Oct 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm talking about the OEM exhaust with the valves open vs. OEM exhaust with the valves closed. Not saying an aftermarket exhaust will not provide additional performance.

2. 911-AL

911-AL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Call me Al!
    I got my S-Line last weekend and could not be happier. The headers and cats are OEM. At first I was hoping that it was going to be louder in the cabin while cruising under 4k RPM but there is zero drone and the sound above 4k is so unbelievable. Thanks to everyone here that has written review or posted videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8JCglTRRX0

3. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    New sales slogan coming soon

"S-line - it sounds so good it'll make grown men race around a parking lot in circles while they make their wife film"

:)

4. 911-AL

911-AL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Call me Al!
    #29 911-AL, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    LOL! It was my nine year old son actually. He went on to pilot our drone to capture this cool little clip.

https://youtu.be/MXRLtA1Can8

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Dave, Andre on here did before and after dyno runs with valves open and closed and there is a ton more power open. I had thought the same as you but his exp.eriment proved me wrong.

6. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The closed exhaust route is excessively restrictive, and I think the way Ferrari manage the transition compounds the issue: given the pressure differential between open & closed routes actuation of the valves should have been managed by electronic solenoids to provide a progressive transition. The vacuum actuators are overwhelmed toward the end of their travel resulting in the near binary effect from strangled engine to more optimum performance.

Built to a cost...

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Video clip of customers F430 running Fabspeed/S-Line combination. Excuse the poor quality - thanks YouTube!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Co0Cq99gqY[/ame]

8. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    It is built to a cost. But I think it works quite well. Restrictive and quiet with good mid range when required. Bypassed and loud with max power when required.

9. OB1Ferrari

OB1Ferrari Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Looking at the stock exhaust diagram (with a muffler) on an F430; does exhaust actually only come out of one pipe on each side?
    If not, it seems like the system is working against itself?
    I'm sure I'm missing something.

10. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    When the valves are open the exhaust goes straight out the outside 2 pipes completely by-passing the muffler. When the valves are closed the exhaust is diverted up and through the muffler and out through the smaller inside 2 pipes.