Top 5 ugliest Ferraris | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Top 5 ugliest Ferraris

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by m5shiv, Dec 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
  2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Elkann didn t at that time have enough 10 lives to spend his money ... Now that he has 30 life, I hope he is happier !!!
    He destroyed Ferrari, but he is even richer...
    all is well in the best of all possible worlds:mad:

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #203 paulchua, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    That's the thing, though. It's the perfect illustration of the phenomena I speak. It's common in any Haute Couture fashion house. A new style/look is avant-garde and sported by the elite that can afford a $10K outfit.

The aesthetic roundly applauded and 'borrowed' by the lessor or no-name brands. The following season the lines are now commoditized and worn by even the most plebian; the season after that, the very base population adopts - often with disastrous results due to garish add-ons and lower-quality facets.

That's why some Pininfarina designs, significantly the Mondial/412 (that influenced Tokyo and Detroit), may seem, pedestrian-today; but are the tip of the design spear - only to be degraded and associated to the Fiero on blocks in that front lawn.

This is what explains the sentiment that the 308 (1975) looks too much like an ugly Fiero (1984) - @mexicruiser: tell that child he got it the wrong way around. As I said, akin to saying Marilyn Monroe is ugly because she looks too much like [redacted]. Makes me smile when people don't know their automotive history.

Or that the Mondial (1980) looks too much like an MR2 (1984)?

@mexicruiser: If the [Monroe/redacted] analogy goes over his head as I suspect, just say something like you don't like "Eminem, cuz he too much like Machine Gun Kelly." Make sure he's sharp enough to understand you're being pedagogically sarcastic.

4. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Sorry mate, but your posting of that lady in this context was not really cool and debases your position.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Huh? That lady? I suggest you look up "Marilyn Monroe and [redacted]"

I posted about how it's funny when people make comments on things they know nothing about. I see the context of both posts lost on you.

Since we're talking about 'debasement' and what's 'cool.' You started a thread to thrash cars' aesthetics that many here will no doubt own. Then get on a high horse of Trojanian proportions on what's 'cool' and frowning on 'debasement?'

I initially gave you the courtesy of the benefit of the doubt even:

The lack of self-awareness is baffling. What happened to some folks who need to lighten up?

Sorry @GrigioGuy and @TheMayor probably should have listened to you both and 20 other Fchatters.

(Troll Meter starting to tick....)

6. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #206 m5shiv, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2020
    Nothing like going on the attack when you are called out. Keep doubling down. What's baffling is your rationalization of introducing a highly negative photo of [redacted].

A few posters have called out the 612. I have one. Am I insulted ? Not in the slightest and haven't spent minutes creating some multi-hyperlinked post in response. Everybody has an opinion and is free to read and comment. It's a car.

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Ugly, but I’ll take 2 of those please.

8. Reddesire348

Reddesire348 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    Yes a good call but not really a production model

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Maybe a poor submission on my part. The irony of posting the opposite of an ugly Ferrari and in response to a prior post about the referenced document. I think she is beautiful like most Ferraris.

m5shiv, papou and paulchua like this.
  10. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    I would agree that in my 3 offerings the 612 is the least ugly. But I agree with the earlier post they are all supermodels in their own right so we are being a bit tongue in cheek here

11. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m not posting any candidates for this list because I’m mechanically inclined and I would probably be bedazzled by look of the mechanicals and engineering of ANY Ferrari.

papou and paulchua like this.
  12. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    fully agree. A front engined V12 is a sight to behold in any Ferrari

Boomhauer and m5shiv like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #213 paulchua, Dec 26, 2020
    Haha,

Cracks me up. It's like he's saying the folks that put a perp in jail for kidnapping folks are 'kidnappers' themselves.

Then he says he's not insulted by calling folks out FIRST for not being classy. Nothing sadder than a person that likes to 'dish it out' but cries the moment it's thrown back.

I mean, I didn't think a picture of the late [redacted] would rile you up so, especially after you told another member to "lighten up."

So which is it? Are you insulted by our posts or not? Just a few posts up - you indeed got perturbed (multiple times on quite benign comments.) You admonished @Solid State and me to not 'denigrate' and 'stay classy' on a thread *you* started based on criticism of owner's cars here.

It makes me wonder what sort of issues one faces when they literally start a thread to make fun of various owner's cars here and then are upset up when I post a picture of [redacted]? (to explain the incorrect chronological influence of all things, in DEFENDING the 308.)

As far as my effort to linking? It's not exactly rocket science, and yes - I do enjoy spending time pointing out the logical fallacies. It's entertaining.

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #214 paulchua, Dec 26, 2020
    On second thought, I may understand now. Perhaps you are directly related or a close friend to the late [redacted]? I don't mean that facetiously. My posting of that unflattering image seemed to touch a raw nerve.

Even if my point was to illustrate Marilyn Monroe came decades before [redacted], and that the latter was trying to emulate Monroe (ala Detroit emulating Maranello) - and not the other way around. I also thought that would be evidently clear with my contemporary Eminem vs Machine Gun Kelly analogy if current pop culture is more of your parlance.

Since posting a G-rated photo of [redacted] bothers you so much (but making fun of owners' cars here doesn't) - I logically must conclude you have a special bond with [redacted].

If [redacted] is of close relations, I sympathize with your anger and apologize. If you PM when your relationship details, I will be happy to take it down out of respect to whatever special connection you may have with her estate.

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #215 paulchua, Dec 26, 2020
    No harm no foul as far as I'm concerned. Some create a whole thread that denigrates cars that people own here (talk about not reading the room), pleads for playful banter when called out, yet demands dictation on what playful banter IS allowed.

Humanity is mindboggling at times, indeed.

@m5shiv as promised, you see I have redacted the person of interest in the above posts. Do I assume correctly your offense of @Solid State posts also stem from a direct connection with [redacted] as well? If so, just PM me.

Cheers

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #216 paulchua, Dec 26, 2020
    @m5shiv,

Would you like me to redact YOUR description of the person of interest as well? That's not a very classy way to describe the deceased.

If so, happy to do so - just let me know.

Kind Regards and you may now return to denigrating the aesthetics of owner's cars here on a FERRARI forum.

;)

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Syd, welcome, and let me say - revel that you own a unique and notable Ferrari. I wish you endless miles of happiness and enjoyment.

Cheers

mexicruiser likes this.
  18. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #218 m5shiv, Dec 26, 2020
    @paulchua I drive an ugly Ferrari as my daily according to some on this thread, so you don't need to worry about the sensibilities of owners here, they don't need you to be their protector. @Reddesire348 clearly gets it and everybody was having a good banter, but you had to digress and start posting a demeaning picture in the guise of some great philosophical statement. @Solid State has responded very appropriately, and without attack in return. That's my last word on this topic.

paulchua likes this.
  19. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #219 m5shiv, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2020
    FTFY

paulchua likes this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I'll take that as a yes.

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    If only it were just me.

No rule on Ferrarichat for folks not able to sincerely critique other's cars. You do you. Carry on.

That said, I understand you took umbrage at my presentation of a press photo released by the person in question herself to explain, yes, historical context when people error in what 'look' progenerates another. Keep in mind, I never insulted the person in question nor bashed any car.

Given I am a man of my word, I took it down and @Solid State as you requested out of respect to the unique relationships you claim to hold with the persons in question.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Texas Forever and DrewH like this.
  23. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  24. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The FF is Ferrari's Pontiac Aztec.

Mor likes this.
  25. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    When you are holding the steering wheel, the FF is still a spectacular Ferrari.

That Aztec...makes me shudder, even on Breaking Bad !!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.