F8 or STO? | Page 36 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    100% - the ST will be my next racecar for sure

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    i saw one STO example in Boston Lambo dealership 12/16 ( days stint).. should do the rounds going south. to west soon enough so you guys can appreciate it. Call your local Lambo dealership if interested.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Saw an F8 the other day, looked good.
    Do we know if they are making an F8 “Pista” version to catch up?

4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    My expectation is that F8 production will end some time next year as Ferrari retools for LB production. In other words, no time for an F8 VS.

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Has that dealer sold out of allocations?

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Got it. And LB is more like the next McLaren small series, V6 with hybrid?
    If Ferrari ditches those terrible sounding turbo engine for NA+H, then perhaps they will return to favor and glory!

Ash Patel likes this.
  7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Really? Just 3 years?

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    F8 just stared dropping a few months ago. The spider hasn’t even landed yet in hands of folks. The v6 little brother will be debuted soon which means it goes into production in 2021 for end of year/early 2022 deliveries.

Many have stated there will not be a F8 VS edition and I don’t see it either. There just ain’t time.

You have Roma, 812 VS, sf90, sf90 spider, f8, f8 spider and Purosangue. Add to it little brother and little brother spider. That’s a lot of cars

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    And it wouldn’t make sense that they’d continue marketing or taking orders for the F8 as soon as the LB drops. It therefore stands to reason that F8 stops production when F8 starts - currently thought to be next year.

F8 spider will indeed be a short (1ish year?) run if these assumptions are correct.

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    As soon as LB drops, I would imagine they want no o shut down anything and everything F8 or it could hurt the roll out of the new cars.

GT2goneF and ScrappyB like this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    This was pointed out way earlier on - that the question F8 or STO was a ruse based upon the obvious fact one is a regular street version Ferrari vs the STO which is clearly a track focused car. I would have thought had dusty titled the thread Pista or STO then there may have been some credibility to the question being asked but I think the intention was obvious at the outset. So on that score the discussion clearly belongs in another section - evidenced by way of the fact the F8 has barely got a mention.

Napoli and BJK like this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #887 Shadowfax, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    I don't think any one has been posting it's just for show.

If your comment is being directed at me, my post was more to do with the physical appearance and nothing at all to do with commenting on it's intended purpose as a track focused car - which is glaringly obvious.

Also, when someone posts up a picture there is clearly an invitation offered for comment on that, else why post pictures up?

My thoughts on it's physical appearance have been mixed on the basis of the color combinations and brand labeling presented so far.

I would also agree with Jcmd that many of the shots have been flavored by use of wide angle or flattering angled shots rather than the portrayal of how the car would naturally look without photographic enhancement. I though the last few shots offered gave more of a realistic impression of how the car looked outside of a showroom environment - in this instance clearly the color combination looked (to me) completely out of place for a car which would see most of its time spent on public streets. And it's this particular look that would lend question to the type of driver as jcmd suggested, more of a younger person....which I would agree with would be the better age to get away with driving this type of car in public.

Frankly if i saw a middle aged/elderly man driving something like this on the streets the first thing that would come to my mind is well.... best not said here. But it has thoughts to do with W and small something or other if you get my drift. And I very much doubt i'd be the only one thinking that too.

A car in racing type livery is unquestionably more appropriate and, better suited to a race track, and whilst a brand can label a car by the clashing of overtly bright colors, paint stripe/piping along with other labeling it doesn't necessarily mean everyone is going to love it or comment favorably about the person driving it and/or the car. This is simply a fact of life but of course feel free to shoot the messenger.:)

Just saying. And, no body is arguing it isn't a track focused car as the dressing clearly indicates that purpose. That all said the ultimate tell all on its track prowess will be how it stacks up against its competitors time wise under the hands of pro drivers on a race circuit - yet to be seen. And chances are the F8 may beat it.

Napoli and GT2goneF like this.
  13. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    The F8 probably will not beat the STO on a track. If you look at the ring lap times the Pista is 7 min, the Performante 6:52' and if the reported STO time is 2 sec faster time in Daytona Vs the Performante well nuff said. Never underestimate the power of downforce....straight line.. yes the F8 "beats" the STO. It may end up just behind the GT2RS at the ring. We shall see.

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #889 ScrappyB, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    I’m probably not the only person here to think the Ring times posted by Lambo on the SV and Performante are suspicious, which is why I look forward to an independent track test from the likes of Sport Auto. As mentioned above, the STO would need to be 5.7 seconds quicker than a Huracan Evo at Hockenheim to match the GT BS. It’s a tall order considering the STO engine is carry over from the Evo.

Also, I don’t know why Lamborghini used Daytona to compare lap times since cars spend a disproportionate amount of time on the oval at full throttle vs a more traditional track. I have experience being hunted for many laps at Daytona by a Super Trofeo so I do know they’re fast as heck on the banking!

Napoli likes this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Perhaps, but why make it look like eyelashes... Not pretty!

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Now... That is a cold start!!!!!

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Totally in agreement. The same goes for the 765 LT, totally different purpose. Not intended to compete with the F8

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Your guess is as good as anybody else's. Usually the tradition has been one more aggressive version of the lineup. But who knows. No talk, which means best kept secret or nothing in the pipeline.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Very possible. I am out of the market for the V6 toaster.

20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Huh - why on earth would you think my comments are directed at you or anyone for that matter?

Chillax dude and Merry Christmas :) :)

Boomhauer likes this.
  21. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA

The launch car color combo is hard to top. Korean STO launch with enthusiastic fans.

Boomhauer, Shack and Ash Patel like this.
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  23. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    From what I heard recently there will be an F8 LW version coming in 22 at the latest.
    They won‘t miss the opportunity to making profit such easily.
    Also, as seen many times since McL entered the market: Responding LT765.

MANDALAY likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Where have you heard this? Every credible source I’ve spoken to says no special edition F8.

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Nice, imagine it will be the pinnacle. Curious how it will be styled, and do they make a spider version?