F8 - Deposit Made - Advice needed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Deposit Made - Advice needed

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Steveinfl, Dec 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    I ordered my first Ferrari F8 in Rosso Corsa with Cuoio interior “ the regular edition but I ordered the racing seat full Cuoio
    With red seat belt and red stitching red ring and red horse stitching

I wanted it simple as this is my First Ferrari
    However my next one will be special blue color with black interior.
    Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF and Steveinfl like this.
  2. jc0526

jc0526 Rookie

May 24, 2019
    Have this interior in my 812. My take away is just don’t wear jeans and coat it with protector every 6 month. You will be fine then. Other than that it is a great color combination.

gowthamn and GT2goneF like this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    With that said, even with protective coating it will stain unless you wear a cloud.

4. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    As this is not your first Ferrari
    I will suggest you to try Corsa blue with black interior

Steveinfl likes this.
  5. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Hilton Head SC and Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    I am in love with that combo really. That one, and the triple yellow paint. For me - it's likely down to (in no particular order)

Rosso Corsa
    argento nurburg-ring
    giallo triplo strato
    blu corsa

Gun to my head right now - I'd pick yellow.

It's kind of fun "agonizing" over this and driving my 488 GTB when I want to drive one. Ridiculously lucky man I am...especially during these times.

GT2goneF, EzyMode and jm2 like this.
  6. Tz3

Tz3 Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Hi everyone!
    I am going to be a first Ferrari owner and I ordered my F8 around New Year’s Eve. I just made the deposit and have not finalized my build list yet. I am grateful if there are some “old Ferrari owners” can share their insights on building a F8 T. For now, the mine debate are should I go the standard seat with full electric ($8268) or get a racing seat, should I keep the surround views and should I get the CF for insert dashboard. My summary is around 335k have equipped the front and back radar, I also do not know if it is necessary. Please help me out!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Congrats and welcome to Fchat.
    Check out this thread, some good info there.
    Can't go wrong with a red Ferrari but trust you have seen the Rosso leather in real life? It is really nice but quite striking so traditional for a Red paint is to go w Cuoio (beige) or Black interior. I am a big fan of the racing seat, I find them more comfortable that the electric ones and way more supportive, but again personal choice.
    You combination is bolder but get what you want. Black stitching would also work well and avoid introducing another bright color (yellow)
    Standard headliner looks/feels cheap so option ULEZ fixes that
    Drop the 360 surround, integration is horrible (pics below), you can see in your picture protruding from mirrors, front/rear camera and sensors work well.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jm2 likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Red exterior with red interior is rough on the eyes. There is no contrast. It’s a sea of red. While the configurator shows the color as burgundy- its bright red. I’d go with a black interior for a sporty look and do red stitching, black tach and carbon fiber steering wheel.

With regards to the seat my opinion has always been why do you need electric seats on a sports car? You want to make it easy for others to adjust the seat when they drive your car? No one drives the car but me. I adjust it once and done. And the Goldrake seats by far are the best looking ones. They are gorgeous and comfortable.

Skip the 360 surround. Rear camera is really all you need with the radar.

good luck and welcome to the club.

GT2goneF and Tz3 like this.
  9. Tz3

Tz3 Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Thanks everyone,

I decided to make some change here. Remove the Full Electric Seat and switch the standard to racing seat. Do I need to equip a lifter? Also, I kinda want to see what 360 view look like in real. It would be nice if anyone has it can share the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Red on red tough resale. Go Nero interior with red piping cavallino and stitching IMO

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You will get differing viewpoints on the seat lifter. I’m 6’4, 215 pounds and I never have needed the lifter.

Tz3 likes this.
  12. Tz3

Tz3 Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    I am 6’2, 160pounds. Probably don’t need as well, but I am curious on what the lifter can do tho

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agreed with everything! Particularly red on red. I just went with the full electric seats for comfort. I recommend to OP try them and then choose. Racing seats were a too little thin padded for me but so much better styled and beautiful. I went comfort over style and beauty. For me, they were comfortable for the initial few minutes/rides. Then not as much.

14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well, I can tell you what it won't do. It won't eject you through the roof. I think, you should get the lifter if you are ever considering selling it.

15. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    The one thing I would not do without is the carbon fiber in the engine bay. With the see through glass it looks so much better than the black plastic.

RoadRonin and GT2goneF like this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I agree. If you don’t want to pay Ferrari $8500, get my Ricambi for $3500.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am just concerned about the future inevitable "yellowing" with heat and sun exposure.

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No issues after a year.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It happens with time. But you won't have that problem, unless you decide to keep it for years and it has to be with prolonged heat and sun exposure.

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    It will yellow but many don't see it unless a new part is put next to it. Its the resin used.

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    I have an F8 Spider on order and drove my dealer nuts with changing spec often-settled on Giallo Modena/with Blu Sterling interior with yellow stitching and the Glossy Titanium rims with blue calipers.-Apple Car play many think is not a necessity.-will add the Pista paddles if i can squeeze that change in before my allocation,
    Also love the look of the passenger display-probably way overpriced but love the look it gives.

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is correct because every other CF surrounding will yellow at the same time.

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Not the "yellowing" we are referring to, but congratulations on your Giallo Modena. If you have exterior CF, maybe in your car CF yellowing won't be noticed as much.

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I had the passenger display on my 488. I will never spec it again. Forget the cost as I think it’s overpriced but it’s Ferrari so it is what it is. What bugged me was that every time I drove my wife, she would tell me to slow down. I’d say, but I’m only going 35. She knew I was lying cause the numbers were right in front of her. Never again. My passenger doesn’t need To know the speed. They just need to enjoy the ride.

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL! Should have set it up for G's, Tach, radio mode, Netflix, something other than speed... With that said and as you already know, I didn't order it. I think it is a gimmick that looks very nice.