Top 5 ugliest Ferraris | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Top 5 ugliest Ferraris

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by m5shiv, Dec 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    I think the FF is a good-looking, great performing automobile built by Ferrari. But IMO it's sorta like Porsche's Cayenne or Panamera...the company produces it, but it doesn't really speak to the soul of the brand. A hatchback Ferrari is just sort of doomed to the "worst design" list of cars by Ferrari to me, even though sure, I'd love to have one. Again, just my opinion.

Same thing with any SUV they make. No doubt it'll be a great-looking and performing for what it is, but I doubt concours fields will be filled with them in 25 years time.

rob lay, x z8 and davemqv like this.
  2. Douglas52

Douglas52 Rookie

May 5, 2015
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    "Ugly" is a harsh word, it's like saying "who is the ugliest "Supermodel", everyone has different tastes, and sure some have proven LESS appealing to the masses, but Ferrari has successfully sold ALL their models.
    Although I'm more of the '60s to late model Ferrari fan "although not all of them", auction prices have shown me that my opinion and $5.00 won't get me an "extra hot, quad long shot Venti, half calf, light foam, salted caramel mocha latte with 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha, toffee nut half whole milk and half breve with no whipped cream extra caramel drizzle, add a scoop of vanilla bean powder, double cupped and no sleeve" at Starbucks. IMO

tomc, paulchua and Apollo 11 like this.
  3. k12dad

k12dad Rookie

Jul 24, 2007
    well, good 'ole Bob Cumberford of Automobile magazine panned the F430 recently. My mind keeps linking Cumberford with curmudgeon........
    really though, I generally agree with his assessments but since I have a wonderful F430, his critique stung......Merry Christmas y'all!

4. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    Hey that '51 212 is not that bad. It's the paint scallops that make it hideous. It looks like a '53 Chevy. Some people like '53-54 Chevy's. Imagine a color picture of that car in solid metallic medium blue on tan. And you were back in '51. And it IS a drop-top Ferrari. Sailing around the Continent. Yeah Baby.

tomc likes this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I had an F430 spider. Still one of my favorite F cars. Everything after that is too digital.

6. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I tend to think that anything that departs from historic Ferrari styling cues is "ugly"... Independent of those, I think cars like the SF90 are fine in their own right, but so much of that car just doesn't remind me of a Ferrari to be beautiful.

7. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    Go away.

paulchua likes this.
  8. Cargt63

Cargt63 Karting

Aug 12, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I am glad you are deciding that for us. I noticed you are a moderator. Do you think it makes sense we ask your permission first before we start a new thread so we do not waste our time with useless threads?

9. JimL

JimL Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim Lanum
    Is there really an ugly model Ferrari? They are all a work of beauty. Some are just more beautiful than others.

greg328 and 0655 GT like this.
  10. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    When they give you an ugly Ferrari for free, do you refuse it ?:rolleyes:

JimL, greg328 and tomc like this.
  11. gt corsa

gt corsa Rookie

Jan 12, 2014
    pacific palisades ca
    Full Name:
    dennis white
    Thank God! I was afraid my GT4 wasn't going to make the list!

Apollo 11 likes this.
  12. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
  13. gt corsa

gt corsa Rookie

Jan 12, 2014
    pacific palisades ca
    Full Name:
    dennis white
    Hooray! A second for my GT4. We're making a move up the list!

Bas likes this.
  14. gt corsa

gt corsa Rookie

Jan 12, 2014
    pacific palisades ca
    Full Name:
    dennis white
    Ugh. Thanks... just when it looked like my GT4 was making a move to the top spot!

paulchua likes this.
  15. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
    #115 Jim Moscardini, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Nuts. I LIKE many of the 2+2s; including the FF, 456 and Modial. They certainly aren’t the most racy looking, they are sharp looking (to my eye) and unique amongst Ferrari’s typical fare. AND they usually depreciate into my target range MUCH faster! - lol. Sigh,.... even my sexy 360 made someone’s ugly list. Guess I’m doomed to be an outcast. ;-)

paulchua likes this.
  16. Phill A

Phill A Rookie

Jan 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    phillip allder
    Best looking are;
    !. Enzo
    2.F40

17. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    A Ferrari, is an individual car

So the top five ugliest Ferraris would be individual cars

Any particular model of Ferrari can be beautiful or can be ugly… or can be in between

That’s the interesting thing about them

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc likes this.
  18. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Worst design: Mondial

Best design: 458

19. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Member first, then moderator. As are all of us volunteer moderators. If I were a miniTyrant, do you think this thread would still exist? I stated my opinion of the value of insulting, indirectly, members who own models listed in this thread.

20. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Couldn't have said it better.

21. LordVennFF

LordVennFF Rookie

Dec 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alan Venn
    Reading all these comments as I sit in a mountain lay by awaiting delivery of my first Ferrari...an FF
    In white like my Porsches and F250s, that F is for Ford
    Though I see a collection starting after this first one, older and less electronics, the coming snow fall
    here today will see me out in the FF cruising the countryside of Appalachia and the Blue Ridge mountains w the Santa hat on.
    Looking forward to reading more threads and viewpoints

22. rtp94062

rtp94062 Rookie

Nov 13, 2008
    Woodside, CA
    Full Name:
    Rich Preston
    #122 rtp94062, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    1. Totally disagree about the SF90--I think it looks great.

2. New Lusso is absolutely horrible (I owned an original Lusso --1963).

3. I think the new front engine V-12's are just not that nice any more. 812 design seems a little forced (not elegant like some)

4. 400's were pretty bad--boxes

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Haha, I think the GT4 is already coming into its own. It's a great looking car. I would be proud to own one. Sorry buddy, you're just going to have to live with more and more folks like me liking your car.

History repeats - just like when some felt the 308 and 206/246 were considered 'fake' Ferrari. Some folks still do.

24. Bob Dobalibus

Bob Dobalibus Rookie

Mar 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bob Dobalibus
    Proper UGLY cars are:
    - AMC Pacer/Gremlin
    - Pontiac Aztec
    - Dodge PT cruiser

Most historic Ferrari have some redeeming qualities and we excuse them b/c of history and our brains kind of 'fill in' for the intentions of the designer.

No one has mentioned the recent step away from Pininfarina leading to problems - the Roma, 812, Lusso - the new language is really problematic.

The longer you compare a FF to a Lusso you see how "wrong" the Lusso looks in comparison. Don't forget the FF was first so you have to make some excuses but the Lusso has no excuses b/c it derived from the FF. The front is just fugly and is a worse sin than how inferior the FFs rear is to the Lusso's rear in my books.

25. HKS479

HKS479 Karting

Sep 23, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
    I’m surprised the 612 isn’t on more people’s lists. Wasn’t it the car everyone loved to hate?