360 - Wheel Upgrade Issues | FerrariChat

360 Wheel Upgrade Issues

Discussion in '360/430' started by sherrillt, Dec 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    I recalled reading that there were error lights and issues for owners that went 20" wheels on a 360. Cant find the old thread with a quick search.

Can someone advise on the best set-up (wheels, offsets, and tire sizes) drivability/handling wise or advise alternative(s) (e.g. should not exceed 19"x XX setup)? The upgrade is cosmetic as I do not track, but I do not want to sacrifice performance (to any great extent) for just looks either.

If anyone has pics of a mounted 20" CS style wheel on their 360, I would like to see them. Here is the proposed CS wheel style setup:
    • Front wheel size: 20x8
    • Rear wheel size: 20x10
    • Front Offset ET: 28
    • Rear Offset ET: 30

2. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    You will not have any ABS issues if you retain the overall diameter difference (% wise) of the tires the same as stock.

I went with a 19-in front, and 20-in rear on my F430.

Front tires are 245/35/19 and rears 305/30/20. My main reason for doing 20-in rear is because I absolutely hated that in stock form the rear sidewall is a lot more than the fronts. With the tire sizes I have now I still retain the factory diameters and both sidewalls match since the rear is a taller tire.

Attached Files:

3. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    So in the case of your 245/35/19. Given a 35 aspect ratio nominal sidewall height reflected as a percentage of section width you did 35% of 245 or approximately 86 millimeters and added to the size of wheel? What is OEM diameter tolerance? What about offset?

4. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    This is exactly what I have on order for my 430. I will post photos and feedback but it won’t be anytime soon. The data you listed above was given to the sellers (if it’s who I think it is) of these by me. They were using some slightly different data and I straightened them out.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sherrillt- (tire diameter in mm x aspect ratio x 2)/25.4 + wheel diameter gives tire diameter.
    (245 x 0.35 x 2)/25.4 + 19 = 25.75"

sherrillt likes this.