Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 51 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. :p.....'Don't hafta' imagine.....'was there..... :D

Jakuzzi and greg328 like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Indy 500 is oval racing, F1 is road racing . It's like comparing apples and pears.
    By its nature, oval racing offers more action, and more thrills than road racing where the field already starts to spread after a few corners.
    When Indy cars race on road courses, they are not more exciting than F1.

ricksb likes this.
  3. #1253 lorenzobandini, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    I know, off topic; but once you get me going.......
    An example, for the uninitiated; Bruce's first Can Am winner, the M6A's specs:

M6A – 1967
    The first car, M6A-1, was completed and ready for testing at Goodwood on June 19, 1967, more that three months prior to the opening race in the Can-Am series. The car covered over 2000 miles of testing before its debut at Elkhart Lake. Team McLaren won its first Can-Am Series with these cars designed by Bruce, Robin Herd, Don Beresford and Tyler Alexander. It was as simple as possible, consisting of single curvatures and square section tubing wherever they could be used. The M6A was a works car and only three were built.
    Chassis: Full monocoque formed from aluminium alloy panelling bonded and riveted to steel bulkheads and carrying two 25 gallon fuel cells in the side pontoons.
    Suspension: Unequal length upper and lower wishbones, anti-roll bar and coil spring/shock units in front. Upper and lower wishbones with twin radius arms anti-roll bar and coil spring/shock at rear. McLaren cast magnesium wheels, 15 x 8½ inch front and 15 x 13¼ rear.
    Brakes: Girling ventilated discs front and rear, 12 inch diameter, with 16-3-LA calipers and dual hydraulic circuits.
    Body: Reinforced polyester resin panelling.
    Engine: 5.9 litre Chevrolet V-8 with Lucas fuel injection and 5 speed Hewland LG transaxle.
    Dimensions: Wheelbase 93.5 inches, front track 52 inches, rear track 52 inches. width 68 inches, height to top of windscreen 31 inches, weight less fuel 1300 pounds distributed 40 percent front/60 percent rear.

(Excerpted from https://bruce-mclaren.com/can-am-cars/)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

william, jpalmito and greg328 like this.
  4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    This thread is so far off piste it may as well be about deep sea diving...

Boomhauer and SimCity3 like this.
  5. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

FE is an engineering contest. They could also run it without drivers.
    Dull as ditchwater.

Jack-the-lad, Bas, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I’m really hoping for the development of fuel to save the combustion engine. The electric has no flavor or emotion. Some have to be ideologically intoxicated to find the FE interesting!

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    sammysaber likes this.
  8. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yes indeed, we walked straight past the FE pop-up in Marrakech. All very beige to say the least, and we had more interesting things to do while in town.

Fortunately there seems to be a future for animalistic ICE on street and track

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/hyperion-xp-1-220mph-hydrogen-hypercar

9. True.

However, I find it farrrr more worthwhile than staying on a topic about an "idiot" that drives the fantastic Mercedes so well and makes beaucoup de dollars....... Yup, an idiot alright......... :rolleyes:

subirg, kraftwerk, cairns and 2 others like this.
  10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    So was I.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  12. Was good stuff.

The Lewis Hamilton/Mercedes domination reminds of the Bruce and Denny/McLaren Show.

Boring? Bah humbug! Watching the very best do their thing can never be so..... :)

13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    375+ likes this.
  15. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Reminds me of a story of power hungryness::

A couple of decades ago, the McDonalds corporation (hamburgers) sued Lord McDonald from the Scotish county of McDonald, in the city of McDonald, for a McDonald restaurant that was established befor the turn of the previous millinia (1000 AD).

The Judge laughted them out of court......

This was on 60-minutes.

greg328, jpalmito and Bas like this.
  17. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    stavura and jpalmito like this.
  18. What makes everyone think Lewis has anything to do with this? Everyone really that naive about attorneys? ;)

19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I think you’re kidding? Three years of complex and costly procedures without our dear Lewis knowing..:p;)

20. No, not kidding.I don't know your experience/associations with attorneys but I imagine Lewis has a few retained.

Are you not aware that they are always looking for ways to make a little (or a lot) of green? Anything they can find for a fee (many cases a percentage of the award with nothing up front) they will try.

Do you not think this might be the case rather than Lewis suggesting it? Wouldn't his attorney advise it was a bad idea if he didn't think it was feasible?

Nope, not kidding. I'm suggesting that maybe it was not Lewis' doing at all.....just some "land shark's" gamble on a payday. ;)

21. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Who cares? What does this have to do with F1???

william and lorenzobandini like this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Exactly !
    Lewis should stop polluting us with what is not F1 and just be a driver.

23. To answer your specific question, Hamilton is an F1 driver, remember? :p

However, I agree....I'm not an LH fan, but since he's not here, I will defend regarding what I think may be wrong or erroneous.

The premise (subject) of this thread (obviously to me), is silly ('trying to be polite).

Quite an "idiot" Image Unavailable, Please Login to me.....all kinds of records, championships, and income indicate otherwise.....
    'No matter what car he's driving, and what he does off track, which is of no interest to me unless it's harmful to someone..... :)

Where have I been? I haven't seen one post by Lewis. Please link me. Thank you.

subirg, william, simpen and 1 other person like this.
  24. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    This thread is a constant enjoyment to see people believing the most idiotic tabloid nonsense as long as it gives them a reason to ridicule LH. People WANT to believe...

william, ktu and lorenzobandini like this.