991 GT3 seat question ? | FerrariChat

991 GT3 seat question ?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by mikesufka, Dec 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    This is maybe a dumb question, but can anyone help with the pro's / con's of the different seat types for the 991 GT3 ? I'm starting to shop for a manual, but need to get some opinions. Second, any "must have options" ? How's the stereo system if I want to go for a "relaxing" drive ?

Thank you.

MDS

2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well you’re talking about a 991.2 GT3 as that is the only manual car. The options are the sofa seats or buckets. A heated and no win debate. I’ve had 2 GT3’s. A “regular” and RS. Only sofas. The buckets in my opinion are not comfortable. There is no recline. A completely fixed seat.

You really need to sit in both and see what best suits you.

The stereo system is fine. Honestly never paid attention to it as the sound of the NA six was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Others tend to find LWBs more comfortable than the other types (4 way and 18 way). Some also find the 4 way more comfortable than the 18 way. LWBs will be better for resale. However, they can't be heated. You can change the inserts though. SC delete is a must have option. PCCBs are a must have for many as well. The Bose is decent.

4. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LWB are tolerable enough if you plan on daily driving your GT3 but uncomfortable for passengers. There is substantial weight savings over the 18 ways. Must have option would be nose lift, Bose, extended range tank, PCCB are good options to have, but not a deal beaker.