got bored, so here is the spider HGTE.... | FerrariChat

got bored, so here is the spider HGTE....

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by johns930, Aug 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    yea, gotta say i was really bored, so i took off the HGTEs from my 612 and put them on my spider, swap the original spider rims and put them on the 612.

i love the look of the challenge rims or even stocks on my spider, but i just wanted to experiment. The HGTEs are 2 kilos lighter each front and back than stock 458s, and the front HGTEs looks perfectly flush with the fenders while the rears look more recessed, but its just an illusion, because the numbers for the HGTEs are 0.5" wider with a 0.2" less aggressive offset so it should measure out almost the exact same with stocks, but it doesnt look it.
    Looks great on the car, all in all, 458 or spiders likes 5 spoke rims, duh!

while the 458 rims look strange on a 612, the 612 looks much better with HGTEs or challenge rims, duh again! but the 458's better spec wheel made me wanna try it, mainly because its 0.5" wider front and back than my challenge rims and it is also 1 kilo lighter each front and rear. So i did this more for performance reasons...., yeaaaaa, ok, i was bored.

the modern day 20" ferrari wheels are almost all compatible with each other, so it is really great fun swapping them around. I know that all my current wheels are swapable after studying the numbers and getting good advice.
    The last wheel i like to try is the GTO wheels on my spider. I already know that it will look ok with the 612, but im afraid that it will stick out too much in the front, "2cm" to be exact, compared to the HGTEs i have on my spider now. So this might make the car look like a low rider. But the extra weight savings and wider possible front tire is tempting..... stay tuned. Never know when i get bored again!

will have driving impressions of both after a week, and will sure have REAL pics later :

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/rennpository-video-clips-and-other-in-line-videos/713020-spider-hgte.html#post9783487

2. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    612 looks great with 458 wheels, really updates the car.

3. Wingzero

Wingzero Rookie

Aug 17, 2020
    Hong Kong