Mondial t speaker question | FerrariChat

Mondial t speaker question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Lino, Sep 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Hi,

I Want to know how to get to the door speakers in the doors. My speakers suck.

What would be a good replacement speakers.

Thanks,

Lino

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #2 hank sound, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
    Hey Lino,

No replacement speakers regardless of branding, can make the "Italian Opera" behind your head, sound any better. Just kidding :):) But, in my seven years with Rachel, I couldn't tell you if my speakers even work. On second thought, since there is an amp under each seat, probably ordered by Rod Stewart for Rachel's Mondi (Rachel), the amps and whatever speakers are in there, probably sound pretty damn awesome!! :):)

Cheers mate,

Hank

3. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Hi Hank,

You are right regarding the opera behind. I really don't turn the radio on but when I do, sounds like two cats fighting.
    Was your car really owned by Rod S...? Cool

Anyway it's not a big deal just looking to make sound a little better?

Lino

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Lino,

All of my paperwork which includes change of ownership to the second owner, shows both Rachel Hunter's and Rod Stewart's names. I know it was their "family Ferrari". They took the kids to school in it. Years later, while later doing carpet and upholstery restoration, I found things that could only belong to "kids" :):)

I guess the sound of Rachel, is the only sound I'll hear. I'm more than OK with that.

Cheers, Hank

5. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Pretty cool story.

Enjoy, I will probably see if I can change them his winter and let you know.

Limo

6. Incaico

Incaico Karting

Jun 13, 2020
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    JR Sandoval
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Thought I would add to this thread with pics. Speaker was breaking up, found loose wire. Very simple disassembly and assembly. There are 2 hidden screws above the door handle with requires you to remove the 4 marked screws. There are also 2 screws under the door speaker panel. Picture shows one of them.

Wiped down leather before putting it back, WD40 the door locks, Stabilant the window switches while I was in there, vacuumed and buttoned it up. Happy with results.

JLF and ronfrohock like this.