F8 - F8 check engine lights | FerrariChat

F8 F8 check engine lights

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Mazzillp, Dec 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mazzillp

Mazzillp Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Mazzilli
    I have a four month old 2020 F8 that has been in the shop twice for check engine Lights and system failure warning to return to dealer. The first time it was in the shop for two weeks awaiting parts . This second time it's been in a week and it will be another 10days for a part to come from Italy. They said they replaced three parts and did a software change provided by the factory because other new F 8 s had similar problems. I was shocked that they said the fourth part they needed was coming from the factory by ship and not overnight air freight. I had traded in a 2014 Italia that I bought new that never had any problems and am very disappointed in the F8 and want to know if others are having similar problems

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sorry to hear. Ferrari’s are fairly bulletproof (Atleast the newer generation ones) so hopefully this is resolved quickly for you.

3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No issues with mine so far, 2100 miles 2020 F8.

4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    2021 F8 Tributo No issues in 8 weeks and 1100 miles

5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Its welcoming you..Ferrari = issues, new old modern classic.."its a ferraaaari"

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I wonder whether it has something to do with the GPF management - remember the usual "slow down" messages on the early Ferrari with catalytic converters...

7. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    I am sure we all have different experiences but with the cars I have owned my only problems have been 1 bad battery, due to not being on tender, and 1 door rubbing against bodywork and both of those were earlier cars.

8. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    ya all depends i guess, i drive my cars and put miles one them, at least a 1,000 miles a month

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    What parts ?

10. Mazzillp

Mazzillp Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Mazzilli
    The first time the car was in the shop for two weeks at around 350 miles. This time it has been in the shop for 16 days so far and still waiting a part

11. Mazzillp

Mazzillp Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Mazzilli
    They told me they had to do a software update since other F8 s had similar problems. The first time it was in the shop for two weeks at around 350 miles. This time after 100 miles it had been in the shop so far for 16 days and still waiting for a part. I can't believe that they don't send parts by overnight air

12. Mazzillp

Mazzillp Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Mazzilli

13. Mazzillp

Mazzillp Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Mazzilli
    They told me they had to do a software update since other F8 s had similar problems. The first time it was in the shop for two weeks at around 350 miles. This time after 100 miles it had been in the shop so far for 16 days and still waiting for a part. I can't believe that they don't send parts by overnight air

14. Mazzillp

Mazzillp Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Mazzilli
    No idea. Communication fro
    Dealer is totally lacking