Used Ferrari with an rac warranty | FerrariChat

Used Ferrari with an rac warranty

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Davebgt40, Dec 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davebgt40

Davebgt40 Rookie

May 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    has anyone bought a used Ferrari from a Ferrari dealer in the uk that came with an rac warranty?
    Any exclusions or claim limits to be aware of? Im epecially interested in the cover regarding FF ptu issues or dct fluid leaks? Cheers

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome - I'd have thought there would have to be a reason for an FF not to have the official warranty if it came from an official dealer ie why is it not part of the standard pre-owned programme

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I would ask your questions directly of the dealer, in writing, and get a satisfactory response before buying. The RAC warranty at whatever level is very general and the dealer will take no responsibility once you have the car. As Jimmie says, buyer beware.

4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    What dealer is that? I would have thought an FF would fall under official warranty if sold via a main dealer?

As stated above; best read the fine print and ask specific questions to the dealer. I’d also suggest you get the answers in writing...just in case!

Good luck.

5. Davebgt40

Davebgt40 Rookie

May 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    you have confirmed my thoughts exactly..
    I will get a copy of the warranty policy and claim limits in writing before going any further
    Cheers

6. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Plenty of FFs about at the moment and given the time of year I’d say it’s a bit more of a buyers market.

Although the main dealer I use for servicing said this November was on par with the best they have ever had!!

7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That’s what both my dealers have told me. Lots of bored people locked down, not travelling for business, not spending money on holidays, buying Ferraris. Also because of government plans to phase out sales of ICE cars. Buy while you can philosophy.
    OP, I would look for a car with a warranty from Ferrari or from a good dealer. Unless yours is amazingly cheap! RAC warranty basically says, we take no responsibility for your car. And it’s not made for exotics.

8. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
  9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Why the mention of RAC warranty then since the HROwen car is 'Ferrari approved' which means official warranty ?

10. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    If you read the ad it specifically says 12 months RAC warrenty(talking about the grigio silverstone one at HR Owen).

11. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Now says 24 month Ferrari warranty; which for a car of this age you would expect, Ferrari warrant good for cars up to 14 years old.

Just digging on the rac sight and the t&c fir the warranty are only “available upon request” so expect some limits exclusion that probably don’t match potential costs on a Ferrari.

12. Davebgt40

Davebgt40 Rookie

May 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    It has been altered to “up to 24 months ferrari warranty” fairly recently.
    I asked for a copy of the rac cover,exclusions and claim limit a few days ago but haven’t yet had a reply

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Davebgt40 likes this.