Used Pista or new F8 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Used Pista or new F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Chasing Ferrari, Dec 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Used Pista or New F8 if the price is the same

1. Pista

83.8%
  2. F8

16.2%
  1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You still driving in Michigan??? That is extra bonus!!! Have you been blessed to be able to drive your new car longer than anticipated? I think so!

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yeah it’s been awesome!

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    This question is best answered holistically. It really depends on if and what other cars someone has. I’d love to have a Pista, but
    What convinced me of the paddle shift over a slush box was spirited driving on some very challenging roads where I literally needed to keep both hands on the wheel while simultaneously dumping gears, then up shifting out of hairpin turns, About as engaging a driving experience as it gets.

GT2goneF likes this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am genuinely happy for you! I am living and enjoying the F8 vicariously through you, as you are the one who seems to drive it the most. If other people drive just as much or maybe even more, they certainly don't mention more about it than you. I have been getting these feelings back and forth. One day I want it badly, another day not so much. However, when I read your posts and of some very few others that talk about it, the make me feel that I made a great decision on a car I haven't even received yet.

Here we were thinking about 1 1/2 months ago or more that you would have a week, maybe two at the most before hibernation mode. So happy for you. Keep those stories coming.

5. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Hammered the F8 pretty good. You really have to go looking for any hint of lag in this car. Not even worth mentioning IMO.

Mortarion likes this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree, but on the same token, there is something historic, raw and visceral about driving a manual transmission. It requires more skills to drive a manual in situations like you describe. That is the utmost engaged you can be in a sports car, one mistake and you can pay a price. Total focus and concentration on everything. It reminds me of Ayrton Senna before the DCT era. He was quick as they came on driving. Amazing eye, hand and feet coordination.

wthensler likes this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree. I test drove it and I couldn't find any lag. Ferrari has outdone themselves with the amazing engineering. I thought my 997 GT2 had minimal lag for the era. The F8 makes my GT2 seem like the famous F40 with its infamous lag. The F8 seems like a NA engine without the 9k scream. I can compromise on that.

wthensler likes this.
  8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Glad I can keep you inspired. It’s worth the wait hang in there! When Jan-Feb come along and my F8 is hibernating I will need you to post up your F8 experiences to keep me going!

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I have a feeling you will be very well entertained and distracted with your 992 Turbo S Cab.

10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That will definitely help LOL.

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    back on topic, why not a maccalaren instead?

12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The topic is “used Pista or new F8” but since you want to change the subject to instead be about your favourite brand, allow me to follow suit.

Someone asked what cars you own. I must have missed your response.

Coincid likes this.
  13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #213 Igor Ound, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    That’s exactly what happened to this thread before I replied. There must be some referrals codes or something. In any case sorry must have been someone on ignore but I’ve never driven a car and only ride public electric scooters so my opinion is worthless. As you were...

14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Everyone’s opinion matters, but your unfiltered vitriol towards McLaren is confusing to myself and I suspect others on the forum. It’s perfectly ok to dislike their cars or prefer other brands but the constant McLaren bashing is puzzling.

At the end of the day it’s a young supercar company with a team of hard working employees trying to do their best within the constraints of their business and the market. I’ve met enough of their people to know they are passionate and well-meaning in their efforts to deliver products that we in this community can enjoy.

Coincid, GT2goneF, mkraft3003 and 4 others like this.
  15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What is a maccalaren? Do they serve those at Macdonald’s?

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Fair enough but since my “mclaren” thread got renamed to “why i hate maclaren” by the mods after some macca fanboys got upset I’ve got to live up to my name. If they were less ambitious with their marketing all about killing ferrari I would be more sympathetic but they were too optimistic. I live in Britain but I’m Italian after all and Ferrari is the only thing I can be proud of atm :)

17. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    tomc, GT2goneF, ScrappyB and 2 others like this.
  18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    You are one of the best macca customers and they do have the best ones undeservedly imo

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Internet keyboard warriors try to fan the flames of discontent and hatred between the brands.

Enthusiasts, owners and even the companies themselves respect what each manufacturer has brought to the table and appreciate the individual contributions. You see, Mclaren respects Ferrari for what they have done for the automotive world and Ferrari knows that Mclaren keeps them on their toes.

I encourage you to watch this video and rethink your posting strategy. Your current messaging is not putting you in a good light and shows a level of ignorance that is not becoming of a true automotive enthusiast.

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Really? I’m one of the best customers? I’ve owned more Ferrari’s and Porsches than I have mclaren. Read my previous post and rethink your messaging strategy.

GT2goneF and kane00 like this.
  21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound

Watched it already tnx and it’s pretty cringe ah ah. Just think if macca priced their cars at a more affordable price point rather than being so obsessed on Ferrari’s model they would be so much better off for it. Carbon tub is not that much of a differentiator unless it’s a convertible

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I don’t have a strategy :D

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Just think if you actually drove their car with a carbon tub. You might actually know what you are talking about.

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You seen to not have a lot of things...including a clue.

mkraft3003 and Igor Ound like this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Every circus has a clown. He just needs more practice so he can provide some form of entertainment rather than outright nuisance. He needs to consult the services of noone1 and get himself a bit better educated.