Special Tools for Timing Belt Job | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Special Tools for Timing Belt Job

Discussion in '360/430' started by Stuttgart911, Oct 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    "BTW the Hill Engineering tool is not locking on the teeth of the flywheel but is lodging itself in a slot on the side of the clutch pressure plate. It’s a very sturdy setup."

fotostars - Thanks for that heads up. I haven't done a belt change on a 360 yet so hadn't seen it for myself. Looks like the tool will be very simple to make as it is a very easy shape to create. I wouldn't want to build an oil filter wrench as was mentioned in an earlier post...it could be done but its too much work for me.

update....I just saw Ratarosa fitting the original Ferrari tool into the clutch in his YouTube video. Very instructional.

2. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I think I may have come across a perfect 36 mm flywheel nut socket that will yield good room for the socket and the breaker bar.

Matco has a forged 36 mm oil filter housing wrench Part No: 6784A-3 for $20.00

Matco advised me that it is built to the same standards as all their other sockets and that if it were to break they would replace it

I thought this to be a great deal, as I have tried to find a shallow socket and came to the conclusion that I would need a socket cut down to the appropriate depth but at a high cost (it is California after all)

So I have a Matco part on the way, and I will find out

Maybe the attached is what Scott was using that was mentioned

Attached Files:

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Don't know why it has to be complicated. A regular socket and a bench grinder is all you need. There is plenty of space from under the car too.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tonino ct and armedferret like this.
  4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    nice job. I am impressed

I do not have a bench grinder

what is your total length - about 1 3/8"?

5. tonino ct

tonino ct Karting

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    tonino tony
    Lol I notest after 30 minutes. removing the absorbs box i had plenty space using a short 36 mm

6. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo