F8 - Rosso Mugello vs Rosso Maranello | FerrariChat

F8 Rosso Mugello vs Rosso Maranello

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bigbobo, Dec 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    Which is darker and would both of them go with a BORDEAUX interior accents? Our first spec was with Mugello but after seeing it, it was a bit flat looking. So we changed to Maranello but we have yet to see it in person.

SVCalifornia likes this.
  2. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #2 Lukeylikey, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    I have had two RM cars, you will not be disappointed, it may be in the top 5 best colours to come out of Maranello (subjective, I know but it is impossibly beautiful without being over-the-top). Bordeaux interior will be fine. I have it on a Speciale with the standard red/black interior ordered at the Atelier and I was a bit concerned about the differing reds but they talked me out of doing all black. I needn’t have worried, it looks great. Bordeaux is even closer a match.

I would say RM is as dark in flat light but in sunshine RM can look nearly the same shade as Rosso Corsa (not quite, but very deep blood red).

Here are a couple of pics that show how close it can be in terms of shade to RC in the sunlight. What these pics won’t show on fchat is just how liquid the paint looks in sunlight, much nicer than the normal paints. In flat light it looks very similar to RM.

Attached Files:

GT2goneF and mdrums like this.
  3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Mugello isn't even in the same ballpark as Maranello. I too have a Maranello car, and it is the most incredible color....in the sun.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    That’s what most folks have said. So I’m confident that Maranello is a better color. The question is how dark is it when compared to Mugello? We are looking for a darker red that is more elegant looking than sporty looking. The lighter reds are nice but just wanted something less race like.

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    This is exactly how I see it. Elegant with a darker complexion. The light plays with it at certain angles. That’s the best. Rosso Fuoco Pista, and Maranello 812. Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura and Camelot like this.
  6. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    Just looked at a Pista Spyder in Mugello and thought it looked kind of lifeless.
    My buddy’s f12 in maranello is much richer looking by comparison.

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I had a Porto in RM and I have a 488 in Rosso California.

Rosso Maranello is much, much lighter than Mugello. I personally don't care for Mugello as itbis a solid colour that flattens the surface.

I also have a Rosso TRS Pista so I do have some idea of how each compare. Both Maranello and TRS are bright reds, not dark reds. They may be slightly darker than RC, but they are nowhere near Bordeaux. They are in what I call the Ferrari-red family of colours. If you see a Rosso Maranello car sit by itself, you could easily be fooled to think it is RC. I would not choose a bordeaux interior with it. They clash imho, like bordeaux would with RC.
    Look into Rosso California. That is a metallic red quite similar to Mugello, but with a lot more depth. I like Maranello very much, and I paired it up with Cuoio Toscana, but it is a very sporty red all things considered.
    Alternatively, there is Rosso Berlinetta which is also a tri layer. It slots in between Maranello and Rosso Cali. As much as I like Rosso Maranello, I would never pair it with bordeaux and I will definitely describe it as vibrant, bright and sporty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Mugello is a completely "dead" colour.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Lagunae92 and SVCalifornia like this.
  9. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior