812 VS Rumors | Page 119 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    First name of the female owner of SP38.

Marcel Massini

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  2. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Lol no worries man, just think you've made your point clearly. Sincerely wish and hope you get that coveted allocation

of2worlds likes this.
  3. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Won’t be hard... Same crap as with Pista. If they do aperta variant, then perhaps!

4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    As you know, the problem is that the design department would have to know where to stop. ;)

ewright likes this.
  5. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    thx!

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Interesting how they’re using the skidpad so much. Saw it in the MC20 video also. Never noticed it before. Varryx’s vantage point or new testing regime?

Unfortunately, IMO, no matter what they do to the VS, if they keep those doors—which they probably will have to, for cost reasons—with that awful shape rising from below the front fender air exit the end result will still be marred and compromised.

Roland1688 and crinoid like this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

A kind of unbalanced design ?

ingegnere likes this.
  8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m really hoping they correct the 812 with this car. Your sketch was better than what we got. LOL.

ingegnere likes this.
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Omologato had new doors...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    and rear slats, perhaps some of this special project's design elements will be utilized?

Igor Ound, Bundy, LARRYH and 7 others like this.
  10. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    That would be my guess. Kind of Daytona-ish from several views.

Makuono and JTSE30 like this.
  11. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    The Omologato is very "Pininfarinish"...Curves, reflexes and less angles. The details on the front bumper and side panel treatment are beautiful. Love it.

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    At this point I would be cautious to make any assumptions, lets see what they actually reveal, whenever that happens.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

13. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    If you paid four million euros circa to have an one off would you like to see a new limited serie with your same doors?
    If I look at the past there are no models that have some parts came from one-offs.
    Nor models that have a formal language evolution of a one-off design.
    Also because the one-off make a parallel road. they do not follow the evolution of the standard formal language. They arise from suggestions and precise requests from customers

14. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #2964 day355, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    you know what the problem today is nobody at the factory really knows what a ferrari should look like.
    Keeping simple and pure is making things beautiful. But they don't know, or have forgotten, that a Ferrari must be able to age like fine wine.
    At one time, Fioranventi had to say with his masterpieces, it's a Ferrari ... and history proved him right.
    Today, marketing is saying what a Ferrari should be. It is a big difference.

15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Two ideas...

a. perhaps the customer paid a different (lower) fee to allow sharing (the rear window slats have been often mentioned as an 812VS design element...)

b. the 'fact' the customer was able to use a new door is itself an indication that factory could do so on the 812VS (using a different design that customer or current 812)

isot likes this.
  16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I LIKE THIS .. I really like the color heck I like everything I can see about this car...

Caeruleus11, Bundy and Avia11 like this.
  17. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Well said.

18. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #2968 Tommy Boy, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Not sure why you find those particular lines marred - the lines on the 812 are exquisite IMO.

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I find those lines chaotic as well. To me the doors look like they have been creased in a collision of some kind. I'm thinking with now four (4) versions of the 812 plus the one off that the VS versions might have a different door design. Kind of like the way the GTS fixed the rear paddle of the SF. The cost would be just passed on as, lets face it, they will sell every one and at almost any price.

456-boy and ingegnere like this.
  20. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Sorry, this is nonsense! Nobody in this chat would discuss about new models if you are right. There would be not much interest about the new cars. And by the way... cars like the Monza SP1/2 are pure and simple.

Igor Ound and dpw98 like this.
  21. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Nostalgia just isn’t what it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Igor Ound likes this.
  22. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    With no number this car would be perfect

ScrappyB, 9nb and JTSE30 like this.
  23. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I believe that if Ferrari had produced the most beautiful designs in its history over the past 10 years, we would all know!
    I'm talking about regular production cars, not 2 million Euro series like the Monza.
    With the exception of the F 12 TDF, which design will remain under the Manzoni era?
    I m waiting for your informed opinion ...

Shack, 350MH83 and of2worlds like this.
  25. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Agreed wholeheartedly!! Of course, design is always in the eye of the beholder and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Mr. ohno, you may be already aware that Mr. day355 is known in these parts as a verifiably credible and respected "insider" of all things Ferrari. My opinion is that "nonsense" is not in his vernacular when it comes to Ferrari anything. Not a right or a wrong here, just one man's opinion, like yours.