458 - What is your daily driver? | Page 22 | FerrariChat

458 What is your daily driver?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eskanday, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I shall respond anyway.

My daily is my 458. I don't smile every time I get in it, but I do enjoy it. I have had it for about 50 weeks now and have put on more than 20,000 miles in that time. I traditionally drove about 12-15k per year. This car sure has me driving more than I need to or used to. I think that speaks for itself.

Now that cops are back patrolling the roadways, that may change.

2. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Wow, that's pretty shocking for Scandinavia! Agreed on "it's a car" and I drive my 458 a lot, given that it's a toy. However, practicality wise in NYC metro and snow wise, my M5 fits the bill as my daily. I put Sotto Zeros on in the winter and pass SUVs up a hill, floundering on all-seasons in the snow! Here's a pic of a moderate storm / about 6". Not very deep, but underneath was a decent amount of ice, she was superb;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That just looks wrong. I hate the snow. I certainly do not miss those northeastern winters. I feel for anybody that has to go through that. 8 years in NY and NJ was just too much. 1 is too much.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think that is very personal. In my world, any car that is driven daily will lose some novelty. But a Lusso has a much greater reserve of that novelty compared to a Merc S or Panamera. Those are just dull the whole time. I switch between cars to keep them fresh, and am considering adding another winter daily so I don't get bored with the Lusso. As it is now, once April comes, I can't wait to get into the two cars I daily in the summer which is my 488 Spider 981 GT4. Once October comes, I really miss the Lusso. That's just the nature of daily drivers, but a stale Lusso is still a lot more special than just about anything else. I'm borrowing a Panamera Turbo hybrid soon to see if that's a good idea, and I'm considering a G AMG. None of them will be a Lusso, and that's the point. I daily drove my Pista Spider for two months and it was no different. Daily anything and the novelty WILL wear off a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You said it! 78 F and great Ferrari driving weather today. Of course, Mother Nature will get her revenge when it's hotter than blue bloody blazes for all of July and Augusst...T

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Toyota Landcruiser ---baddest machine on the planet-ISIS and NATO in the desert can't both be wrong.

m5shiv, GT2goneF and tomc like this.
  7. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    I think it looks like diamonds! To have a 600hp animal like the M5, kick ass in the snow, is a dream of a DD for me. It's the jack of all trades "master of all" in the DD world for me. I wasn't able to get an M5 as a DD, until they finally went AWD in '18. I ordered like the first one around, took 6mo and had late spring of '18. It's an amazing vehicle...

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Not the car... The weather sucks. I am glad you are enjoying it. Somebody has to.

9. drcollie

drcollie Karting

Dec 15, 2013
    Daily driver to work? I have three....it's fun to have choices in the morning. Most days i take the pickup, because its simple, fun and low profile and if want to swing by Home Depot to get something, i have room to haul it.

Sunny days - the 2-wheeler.

Cushy ride days - the E-Tron

I rarely take the sports car to work, gives off the wrong vibe to clients. No one cares if all I can afford is a base model Ford Ranger , but they feel they are being overcharged if they see expensive iron in the parking lot.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

epah, G. Pepper, Spider68 and 2 others like this.
  10. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Cheaper to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    bluesea, randkin, Spider68 and 3 others like this.
  12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Same. Lusso is the daily dependable and fast as well as special.

If I am getting too use to it I take another Ferrari as my “ daily “ for a couple of days.

After a couple of days in the F12 or the 360, the Lusso is fresh again. Will add the F8 to the rotation as a usable substitute next week

Life is short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    GT2goneF likes this.
  14. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    How do you like the E-tron? Our friends are thinking about moving to the E-tron once their current Audi lease is over. Thanks...T

15. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I can’t like this comment enough.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. drcollie

drcollie Karting

Dec 15, 2013
    I like it a lot. It's a luxury ride, very smooth and quiet (and heavy). The Air Ride, Insulated Glass, and total lack of engine noise and vibration make the stereo system sound terrific. Half the price of a similarly equipped Porsche Taycan. Very cheap to operate, no maintenace and a "tank" of gas costs me $ 11 in electricity vs $ 45 putting in gasoline. It has a vault-like build, unlike Teslas. It does not have the cult-like fanbois like Tesla does, however. One downside, the batteries are heavy, the E-Tron is not tossable (nor is any electric car to date) so a sporting ride it is not.

tomc likes this.
  17. Carrerarsr

Carrerarsr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Just added this little pocket rocket yesterday.

Attached Files:

Loxo, epah, Nicolas21 and 4 others like this.
  18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Tony91505 and jm2 like this.
  19. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Cadillac CT6

G. Pepper likes this.
  20. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I totally agree with you. I have a 430. Spider manual for fun on backroads or motorcycles

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #546 m5shiv, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    That's a Toyota Ugly aka GR Yaris, as specified by Tommi Mäkinen

22. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    Hi Ronin; I love to see both of your cars and I myself had multiple M3/4/5 and X5M all super cars in their own rights !! I just wanted to state what has happened where I live , I believe it’s great that u can drive your M without prejudice. And I love to see them

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

RoadRonin likes this.
  23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I have been rotating a number of cars but recently decided I would like a sports car that I can take anywhere, anytime, be incognito (sort of) but still have fun. I have a number of F’s for the summer and a Lusso that I’ve been using for winter weekends - a great car but big, not really ‘under the radar’ and, of course, it has that badge! I’ve also used Subarus for years because they are brilliant and nobody really notices them. But I fancied doing something different. So I tried a 992 and really loved it. I bought a C4S and am currently using winter tyres. I’ve had it only for a week but I feel I can take it wherever I want and despite it being 3x the price of a Subaru, it’s almost as good at not attracting attention. It’s also a great driver’s car and has a lovely feel to it. Not like my GT2 RS but I don’t want that every day. So far, very good DD choice.

Attached Files:

24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Such a beauty!

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Of course it isn't like your GT2 RS. It was never meant to be a GT2 RS. Otherwise, it would be one. Nothing will be like that beast of a car. Nothing will be like my 997 GT2, either. Last of the Mohicans.

Spider68 and Shadowfax like this.