360 dash lights | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 dash lights

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by witkop69, Sep 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll take one if you want to do a group buy. My dash lights are out as well. Took me months to realize it as I rarely drive at night. I'd like to fix it though.

2. jlf45

jlf45 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Carbondale IL
    Full Name:
    John L Foster
    Thank you for the response Stammler. Yes I did get a replacement panel from EL Panel & Tape and it was in the 3 hour range to install including time to remove and replace the instrument panel from the car. All in all not a bad job. But still no back light. So I now suspect the DC AC inverter is the problem.

Several sources popped up on Google for a replacement inverter, but I have not tried to order. Minimum order of 10 as noted above is not encouraging. Also note Eric 355 comment about probably several transistors have failed as well.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    If a few more people jump in, I'd be for it.

4. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I'm down

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I already owe you one....actually my lazy, procrastinating ass has a few things I need to send you. Did you get an address change?

6. BenjaminLeger

BenjaminLeger Rookie

Nov 10, 2020
    Hi guys,
    I red this thread with interest from scratch because I'm facing the same back light problems... seems to be pretty commun... I would like to check the 2 transistors but I cant read anything on them. Could anybody tell me the reference of these transistors?
    From the other hand, @RedNeck , I might be interested in buying one of your transformers if you still have one.
    Thank's for helping

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I can make sure they are still available then put the order in this week if yall want them. Imagine after all is said and done (having them shipped to me then shipping them out to y'all) it would probably be around $40/piece I'd imagine if they are all going stateside, but I'll get back with the actual cost. I'm not making $$, not interested, just getting rid of the surplus.

8. BenjaminLeger

BenjaminLeger Rookie

Nov 10, 2020
    I would prefer being sure about the transistors bifore replacing the transformer. Could you tell me what is whiten oàn them?

9. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I would be in for the purchase of a transformer. Thanks

10. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    They are NPN transistors. You can check them with a DVM.

11. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Do you have the number of those transistors, Eric?

12. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Guys any update on this? Tonight I drove the car at night for the first time in a while and after the first ~10 minutes the dash lights turned all off (but the needles were still illuminated as others here have experienced) and then after an hour or so they came back on by themselves.

It was not the brightness level and I did not fiddle with them at all...

Any way to debug what the problem is?

Thank you all!

13. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Most probable root cause is the electroluminescent film which is dying. This is the first thing to check.
    Sometimes, transistors and transformer can be destroyed when the film is failing in short circuit.

14. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    @eric355 do you fix these or can you recommend where to get the electro film? I'm pretty good with the electronics so that would not worry me.

15. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    hessank and Qavion like this.
  16. coticoti

coticoti Rookie

Jul 25, 2014
    chatel guyon france
    bonjour eric355, suis de clermont ferrand aurai tu un transfo yn92280 d'avance a me vendre pour une réparation ? merci d'avance, j'arrive pas a envoyer un MP ici, mon mail : [email protected] , merci christian

17. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

18. coticoti

coticoti Rookie

Jul 25, 2014
    chatel guyon france
    @eric355

19. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Sorry guys, I have only 1 spare that I will keep for personnel use as long as I have the 360 ... just in case !
    Don't know where to find them now ... may be the companies which repair these clusters have some stock but they probably won't be willing to sell them.

Alternatives are to bypass the DC/AC inverter on the PCB and to replace it by a small independent one (a few $ on ebay), or to dismantle such an independent DC/AC inverter to use its transfomer ...

20. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

how to determine which indenependant one is fit to use?

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  21. coticoti

coticoti Rookie

Jul 25, 2014
    chatel guyon france
    merci de ton retour eric, j'ai contacter "Yinan" le fabriquant en chine , il m'a r'épondu a ma demande et me cote le tarif pour 4, verrai si pas excessif!

22. coticoti

coticoti Rookie

Jul 25, 2014
    chatel guyon france
    bonjour c'est de mosfet BST80, on en trouve mais a 34 euro piece chez "little diode .co.uk"

23. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

Pouvez-vous me dire le contact de "Yinan", Je suis en Chine, et je peux leur parler

24. coticoti

coticoti Rookie

Jul 25, 2014
    chatel guyon france
    Hello c’est bon j’en ai !!! Allez sur ceSmart-2.easy.coet achetez par PayPal !

Le Contact Est
    Lun Lee

INAMI Enterprises Co., Ltd.

Tél: +886-7-6221201

[email protected]

Qavion and 24000rpm like this.
  25. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

imahorse likes this.