MOT of LHD | FerrariChat

MOT of LHD

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by J360M, Dec 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J360M

J360M Karting

Nov 29, 2018
    Hi All
    Has anyone had experience of having a LHD car MOT’d in the U.K. and having the dealer incorrectly record the odometer in Miles instead of Kilometers for the test?

My 360 has had 6 MOT’s in the U. K. to date since import and all are recorded in Km but a Ferrari dealer has now just recently recorded it in Miles so it’s now wrong but they refuse to change it.... despite knowing full well the car is recording in KM and therefore knowingly recording false info to VOSA.

They also have several LHD Ferraris for sale at the moment and I am confident they will happily record those in KM when they MOT them for sale..

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    My lhd has speedo in miles, so can’t help with your specific issue.

Can the garage actually change it on the system once entered? It is a very prescriptive system now all done online and getting more so every year.

Ultimately does it matter? Whilst it is clearly annoying and will look like an oddity if you are selling in due course any reasonable person will understand and besides could you put that many miles on a car in a year?!

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If it worries you that much can you not get another MOT elsewhere ?

4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It doesn't matter. A very high proportion of LHD km readings are recorded as miles on the MOT. What is important is that the odometer values are sequential and tie up with the car and the service history. If/when you come to sell your car and it has an odometer in kms anyone with half a brain is going to look at the MOT readings and it will be obvious they are in kms too.

5. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I'm always really careful that my MOT is recorded in KM, to the extent that I stick a little "KM" dymo label next to the odometer temporarily -
    That hasn't stopped one of mine being recorded as Miles and they were unable to change it afterwards.

6. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    VOSA will change it if you contact them with all the details. MOT station incorrectly transposed numbers on MOT for a car of mine. They could not change it but VOSA did.

7. blonko

blonko Rookie

Nov 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    blonko madrid
    It doesn't make a difference. An exceptionally high extent of lhd km readings are recorded as miles on the mot. What is significant is that the odometer esteems are consecutive and tie up with the vehicle and the administration history.

8. blonko

blonko Rookie

Nov 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    blonko madrid
    ok thank me

9. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Thanks to this thread I have now managed to get my incorrect mileage readings changed to KMs - One quick email to VOSA and it was done.

A348W likes this.