Bugatti Baby II Build Slot Confirmation | FerrariChat

Bugatti Baby II Build Slot Confirmation

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Hank77, Apr 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hank77

Hank77 Rookie

Sep 12, 2004
    USA
    On a whim, and with no real expectations, I signed up for a build slot for a Bugatti Baby II a few weeks ago. A few days ago, I received a message indicating that I have secured one of the 500 build slots. I honestly thought all of these would get allocated to existing owners of Bugatti's "real" cars, so I was fairly surprised at the message I received. I've been searching the last few days to see who else received a build slot, and so far I've only found one other person who has posted in a miata and bmw forum.

What is it? It's a 3/4 scale Type 35, electric powered, intended for kids, but fits adults as well. Here are some specs I've gathered from the original Bugatti article, as well as other publications:
    - 1kW kids mode (~12 mph), 4kW adult mode (~28 mph), optional speed key 10kW (speed unknown, but expecting 50-60 mph), removable lithium ion battery (no capacity advertised)
    - Hand built by Pocket Classics (previously built a 1/2 scale Type 35), dimensions based on a 3D scan of an original Type 35
    - Leather seating, steering wheel, 50g silver Macaron badge (numbered), 2019 builds will come with a 110 year anniversary badge
    - Standard color is French Blue, but can be built with other colors (configuration options have not been announced, they're anticipating more details over the summer)
    - Base price is ~$34k (plus taxes and delivery), they're asking for a ~$13k deposit in a few weeks
    - Dimensions: ~9' long, ~3' wide, ~6' wheelbase
    - Build slot cannot be transferred, to keep speculators out and keep the cars in hands of enthusiasts
    - More background available at www.bugattibaby.com

I'm curious to see if anyone here knows of any other confirmed build slots? I'm not looking to flip for profit, but I'd like to enjoy it for a bit and be able to recover a majority of my cost if I find myself not really enjoying the novelty of it. The original Bugatti Baby from 90 years ago (1/2 size, electric powered) was considered a real Bugatti, but I'm not sure if this one will be considered one since it's built by Pocket Classics, although it sounds like Bugatti has a heavy influence (Macaron badge, 110th anniversary badge).

tomc and Christian.Fr like this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Review and 'track test' - (good, but too long)

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    same here. I just got the allocation. omg, am I crazy to buy this little toy? It will look so cool in my living room.

Boomhauer likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    too bad! I just cancelled my allocation after finding out the car is not road legal...it would definitely look good in the living room.. :(

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Please share some more information on this particular example and also what it is like to live with and use these days? I have always found a Type 35 to be one of the best looking cars of all time, especially with fenders over the wheels!

Erik

9. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    It's a Pur Sang replica. There's a huge thread on my experiences with it if you subscribe to Silver membership, which is $15.

Matt

Teenferrarifan likes this.
  10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Jay Leno

Matt Farah

Jethro Bovingdon

Timo Seefeld and Teenferrarifan like this.