Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 45 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Perez only has a few years left in him.

Bas and ricksb like this.
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Best thing Mercedes can do at this instant would be to buy out Bottas' contract so they can pick up Russell for 2021.
    Then a couple years of Lewis and George to get George fully up to his potential, then Lewis can retire into the sunset will all the records one can imagine.

Giallo 550 and Bas like this.
  3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    And didn't ever have a brain.................:rolleyes:

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Like the time he parked his car at Rascass to prevent others from finishing their qualifying lap. Yep, that was something truely special !!

And yet he podiums more than 60% of the races he participates in.

I lived through that era and remember well........some great efforts........some outstanding wins...........often with great shenanigans.

ktu and greg328 like this.
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Please name those ''often great shenanigans''.

That Merc has barely any retirements because of it's reliability, it has the performance over it's rivals much like the F2004....of course he has 60% podiums! Hardly a mark of ''a special drive''.

ScreaminRevs and jpalmito like this.
  6. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    You are correct about the Schumachers shenanigans (which I absolutely condemn!). But he reverted to these shenanigans because he had real opposition - where Hamilton has none for quite some time now.

BTW, Hamiltons antics against Alonso in 2007 are no shenanigans?

Giallo 550 likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I mean come on now... Schumacher was ruthless man. Genius of a driver but dirty on a few occasions, quite a few that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cairns, Nembo1777 and Terra like this.
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The planned driver is Ocon. He is on loan from Merc to Renault.

9. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Ocon is an excellent choice. He was thrashed this year by Ricciardo, so he will be already used to play second fiddle the moment he arrives to take over from Bottas.

10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Yep. Russel number one driver. Ocon number two. Simple!

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Except Ocon, while very quick, is a little pit viper, ask Perez. He is absolutely not a team player but hopefully Prost's coaching will smoothen the edges.

It will be very interesting to see how one or two years along Alonso go...

subirg likes this.
  12. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I suspect that's what will happen.

Think Hamilton will be content to stop at 8 world titles, or will he want to be the only one into the double digits with 10?

All the best,
    Andrew.

JJ and cairns like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Stop! I can’t wait for the next three years of suspense!

14. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    #1114 Sempre_gilles, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Unlikely scenario. George in the same team as Lewis means no more titles for Lewis, while the whole current setup is to gift Lewis his 8th title (somehow all Schumachers records must be broken). In that case all the hard work of the FIA for years facilitating Mercedes and killing off any advantage the other teams might have found, doesn't pay out....

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    To be a champion you have to be ruthless at times.

Mitch said ''often great shenanigans'', implying that a large amount of his victories only happened because of certain tactics deployed by Schumacher.

Yes, he parked it at Monaco. Jerez 1997 still questionable (even though Ross Brawn recently revealed that at the time, Schumacher thought it was Villeneuve that crashed into him...right until Schumacher got shown the footage and saw his error).

Dig deep enough and most drivers you'll find something of a hard fight here or there. Doesn't make them Satan.

Anothing thing Brawn said...whilst Schumacher was ruthless, he would never cry if others did the same to him. Unlike many others....

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree. Otherwise they risk losing Russell altogether, and with Lewis packing his bags before long, Merc are without a decent driver. Mercedes can't bet on building cars with a second advantage forever, so they will need a quick driver in there.

Next year they'll have the fastest car again. Throw George in. If he loses against Hamilton, so be it, no shame losing to a 7x WDC. If he wins, they know they have a real star on their hands and their future looks good.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Funny us French ppl see Perez as the pit viper...After all he did throw ocon not once but twice in
    The wall 2 years ago!;)

jpalmito likes this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Yes, to listen to some Perez is a saint and Ocon a child of the devil.:p;)

19. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    George may or may not win against Lewis in the same machinery. The big issue is he would try to win and so would Lewis and they would risk both losing out in the process. You don't want teammates racing to roughly, as shown by some drivers in fairly recent seasons, you want them to race safely and to mostly aid eachother so they get a collective advantage over the competition at least until it's just a matter of which of them is going to claim the WDC. Recall wondering in 2016 what the h*** Rosberg and Hamilton were doing racing eachother as aggressively as they did, later wondering why on earth Perez and Ocon weren't fired after all their crashes in a team that really can't afford having that happen and so on.

20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    It takes two to tango. FYI I am half French and cheer for Gasly, cheered for Romain and cheer for Charles even though he is technically Monegasque he is very French.

Ocon is very fast but not a team player at all, not a nice person, cf how he was laughing after taking out Verstappen in Brazil. Also at the Goodwood Festival or the Mille Miglia he did not understand how it was about sharing with the public, he obsessed about technicalities.

21. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Agree. Lewis and Vettel are the same level of talent. Put them in a car that can't lose and they won't lose.

greg328, stavura and Bas like this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Again- Verstappen wasn’t very smart in Brazil
    My money is actually that u don’t know him and it’s all observations.
    I’ll tell u one thing though, unlike Hamilton who pretends to have grown up so poor he had to eat off the floor, ocon doesn’t mention that often how his parents did everything for him and he was forced to grow up in a trailer.
    I don’t know him but I’d never venture to say he is not a nice person

greg328 likes this.
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Ocon's father is a mechanic or garagiste is he not?

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Correct - and back home that’s not a lot of money... Hamilton’s dad was said to be an IT manager

jpalmito likes this.
  25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    On est d'accord pour rester en desaccord:) We agree to disagree:) I did not say he has not worked his b""" off to get where he is or that he is dumb far from it. His speed is beyond doubt even though he has had a difficult year vs Dan in top form. He will be quicker next year and will need to vs Nando.