458 - Model Car and Small Torch Missing when I Purchased my 2015 458 Italia... | FerrariChat

458 Model Car and Small Torch Missing when I Purchased my 2015 458 Italia...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rexcat458, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello to the group,

When I purchased my 2015 458 Italia last year, it came with all of the manuals, the window sticker, all previous maintenance records, flat tire kit and tools - but it did not have the small model car that the original buyer should have received, or the small Ferrari torch for the glovebox.

Is there a way to buy these after the fact? I would like to complete the set of “goodies” for my 458. Any ideas where these can be purchased? Who makes the model car? I looked online for the torch, but did not see an option to secure one.

Any other bits that the original buyer would have gotten? I did get the three production photos from Ferrari when I joined the “My Ferrari” app. No special book, or other printed material however...

Thanks in advance and Cheers!

2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Can have an MR model custom made through their Atelier. It isn't astronomical or anything, and there are a lot of options to choose between.

3. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    MR Model can make one for you as Lagunae92 mentioned. You can have them modify the model to your spec although expect to wait a LONG time. I had MR Model produce a 458 spider that replicated my car in 1/43 scale. Although they got "most" of it correct, there were items that were wrong. :(

Additionally, I don't think that a flashlight ever came with the 458.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. elt360

elt360 Karting

Mar 27, 2013
    uk
    Full Name:
    paul elton
    Can confirm no torch. Cheers.

5. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks so much for your assistance! I was unsure who actually made the model cars that Ferrari sends out with new car orders.

Cheers!

6. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for your help! I noticed the torch in a couple of friends 458’s, so they must have purchased them after receiving their cars. No worries, more money for CF goodies....

Cheers!

7. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks and best wishes to you and yours!

Cheers!

elt360 likes this.
  8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I’m sure the original owner wanted to keep the model for a momento

Ferrari, at one time, put the buyers name on a small dedication plaque on the platformformyhe model.

Then for the 458, Ferrari changed and put the chassis number and the official name for the car ‘458 Italia’ or ‘458 Spider’ etc.

As far as the flashlight or torch, they are aluminum colored and have Ferrari written in black in the handle.

They are really of a very nice quality, and resemble MagLight brand.

I am sure you can order one from Ferrari or Ricambi or similar auto parts suppliers.

9. Mikes90ef8

Mikes90ef8 Karting

Oct 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    MM
    Hey,
    Question for all : Did all 458s ( Italia/Spiders) come with a model?

Possible solution for Rexcat458:
    My wife surprised me with a replica model of our 458 Spider.
    She found a someone in France who specializes in replica model cars, "Steph-Replicars" ( see link below for his Instagram and website).
    He does some really amazing work. My wife had to send him over 100 pictures of the car- it is an EXACT replica ( he even made the license plate frame !!)
    The model took about 1 year to build, once commissioned. The cost was approx.. $1200- you also customize a plaque and pick the material/ color for the stand.

https://www.instagram.com/steph.replicars/?hl=en
    https://steph-replicars-en.mywizi.com/

Here are some pictures:

H Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for the information... The torches come up on eBay occasionally, but some have mentioned that they may be corroded from the battery being left in too long... Others comment that knock-offs are beginning to show up, so be careful before buying. I will keep a keen eye peeled for a genuine one...

I’ve never seen the small models come up for sale though... There are some custom options available, but buyers mention 1yr+ wait times... May have to go that route if nothing else is available.

Cheers!

11. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Awesome, thanks for the link. I will check them out faster than you can say Varoom!

Cheers!

Mikes90ef8 likes this.
  12. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    What scale is the car? the work looks really good.

13. Mikes90ef8

Mikes90ef8 Karting

Oct 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    MM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    thank you ... it’s 1/18th scale . here’s a picture of the interior / actual interior( also, idk if you can tell from the pictures but all of the CF on the model are 3D printed, so it has the same weave as the actual car ) :

Rexcat458, Regular Guy 01 and jm2 like this.
  14. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Amazing attention to detail!

Cheers!

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Here are what the small torch or flashlight looks like

16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007

17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Mikes90ef8 likes this.
  18. Mikes90ef8

Mikes90ef8 Karting

Oct 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    MM
    thank you ... i guess i’ll be looking for one on ebay or at my local dealer !
    have a nice holiday

19. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
  20. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The Ferrari torch is made by Maglite.
    So get one with the color you prefer: Silver or Red!

Mikes90ef8 and Rexcat458 like this.