Dino steerng wheels history, steering wheel 206 S? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Dino steerng wheels history, steering wheel 206 S?

Discussion in '206/246' started by Dino Club Germany, Mar 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V12addict

V12addict Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    Has the look of well worn pair of gloves. I would keep it original as long as it doesn't fall apart.

2. pjbf

pjbf Karting

Jul 13, 2011
    Europe
    I think so to, but maybe some people dont like patina!!!It is very strong i wont fall apart!!It was all reglued like if it was retrimed, I guess I have to make new pictures were it can be seen better looks,

thank you

Paulo

3. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Hello Paulo,

Sorry, I missed this a couple of months ago. I measured the diameter of the wheel and it is 13 and 3/4" which is approximately 349mm.

4. Paulrobe

Paulrobe Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Robe
  5. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    This is a 'Dino' brand wheel made in the 80's and 90's. Pretty worthless and in no way related to any Ferrari or Fiat Dino product.

6. Paulrobe

Paulrobe Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Robe
    Thankyou for your knowledge.

7. marksgtv

marksgtv Karting

May 29, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark Morrissey
  8. ghenne

ghenne Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm trying to decide whether it's worth replacing my steering wheel. I'm getting ready for the FCA National in 2022. I don't plan to have a perfect car, but good enough to not lose points over dumb details.

The first picture is what I have right now. It looks like a MOMO Prototipo. It was put on the car in 1981 - the original probably cracked, as was common back in the day. On the back, it says 1977, probably the year of manufacture. It's a bit smaller than stock, with a thicker rim. I'm happy with it - and I worry the wider stock wheel will give my long legs a bit less room.

The second picture show what Superformance supplies as a wheel these days. The rim would have to be recovered with the proper material. It's missing the MOMO logo.

What would you guys do?

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

synchro likes this.
  9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Keep the Prototipo as it is more faithful to period than the Superformance wheel. When you look closely the Superformance wheel is incorrect everywhere not just the covering. The grain of the aluminum is different and so too the edge profile on the spokes and holes. Plus you drive your car a LOT so use the wheel you like better and fits your legs. My 2 Lira.

dgt likes this.
  10. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    if you are going to show the car, give the judges what they expect to see. which would result in the most deductions?

11. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    With compendium update, is it still true that no Momo Prototipo was delivered on a 246?

12. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    yes