Bradan new shop build | FerrariChat

Bradan new shop build

Discussion in 'Bradan' started by BRADAN, Dec 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Well guys, it’s been insane ever since the fire happened at our old shop. Although the fire didnt make it into our unit, the smoke and water damage was overwhelming. The worst part was the damaged fire wall had a beam collapse, putting a massive hole in it, followed by a big storm the next day. We ended up totaling 6 BMWs that had their windows open against the fire wall and all of our inventory was water damaged. Thankfully we kept the Ferraris wrapped in disposable plastic car covers, with the windows closed on the other side of the warehouse. After the shock wore off, I scrambled to find us a new location and get us moved out right away.

We ended up finding 874 Long Island ave, Deer Park NY. It's 12,000 sq ft on an acre. The size, zoning and location was perfect, but the building needs a lot of TLC. I was fine with that, so we could renovate it exactly how we wanted. Closing on a building as fast as we needed to was basically impossible, so we worked out a lease-to-buy contract with a 10% non-refundable deposit. If we close with in a year our rent payments get applied towards the downpayment. If we don’t, we lose the deposit and it becomes a standard lease. The main selling point for me, was the clear wide open floor plan with the beams built into the foundation walls. It was originally built in the 1950s for the army, then owned by verizon for servicing their fleet. After being through a fire, the thick concrete walls and floor was another selling point for me on how sturdy the building was, but I still plan on adding a sprinkler system to help my PTSD.

We spent the last few months fighting with our insurance company, moving, construction and trying to keep some sort of work flow. The sad thing is the fire was not our fault, we had full coverage with our carrier knowing exactly what we do and there’s still been no settlement offer. Hiring a public adjuster and lawyer is highly recommended for anyone that goes through a loss. As a business owner, you’re too emotionally invested in your business to negotiate your own claim without getting upset. For now, we cancelled all winter service work to catch up on work and get settled in. Later on in the spring we will start taking in new work. For now enjoy the shop build thread.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

E60 M5, ShineKen, Jaguar36 and 2 others like this.
  2. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  3. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  4. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  5. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  6. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    WATSON and E60 M5 like this.
  7. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  8. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I missed that you had a fire, Im so sorry. I always enjoy your posts. Glad you found a new place and it looks like things are going well.

9. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    WATSON and E60 M5 like this.
  10. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    LED light demo. The full building is being converted to LED lighting under an energy efficiency program from the utility supplier hopefully before the holidays.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

E60 M5 likes this.
  11. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    WATSON likes this.
  12. BRADAN