Clear window film | FerrariChat

Clear window film

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by JLF, Dec 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I want to get my windows “tinted” with a clear film like LLUMAR perhaps. My primary reason is to stop fading of my interior from sun. Secondary is to reduce heat. I don’t want my windows or windshield to be dark at all.
    Has anyone used one of these products, do you have pics?

Thanks

2. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    Yes .... I have it on several cars from my 456M, a Porsche, my daughters full sized 2 door Tahoe that had giant windows which went to college with her.

It not only cuts the UV which accounts for fading but also the infrared light which the other do not. On the big windows it controls the heat which is a real positive.

It's unlikely anyone will know it's on if applied well. You will be able to tell as there is a very slight reflection that wasn't there before. Really invisible and no motor vehicle regulation issues. It was actually more than a tint film. I'm going to have it put on a new to me Porsche recently acquired.......

3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Which brand and tint darkness do you have? Do you also have it on windshield?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I'll try to find the brand. "0" - ZERO tint.....
    Not on the windshield.....

5. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    I use and have Xpel XR Plus on my windshield which is at 70% (virtually clear). We have applied this to the side windows as well for people that want the heat rejection but do not like dark windows. Great film and no it’s technically not legal for the windshield to be tinted even in clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    I too use a cleat UV blocker on the windshield in a few of our cars, it's hot here so all our cars are tinted as well. Quite certain it's not legal, even though completely invisible.

7. The4DA

The4DA Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    GA
    Full Name:
    RC
    I have WINCOS IR film installed by Tritek Window Tinting in Garland on a few on my cars. It helps so much with the heat rejection. I have it on the the windshield of 2 cars (35% on the the windows) and on all windows on my 997. I plan on putting it on all windows of my F430. If you're in Dallas, call David @ Tritek and tell him Rob sent you.

8. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Thank you for the replies guys. Thanks “the 4DA” I’ll look into them.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app