1969 365GTB/4 DAYTONA SPYDER “no engine” | FerrariChat

1969 365GTB/4 DAYTONA SPYDER “no engine”

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by john mckeon, Dec 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. john mckeon

john mckeon Rookie

Feb 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    john mckeon
    A friends grandfather has one that he put a Chevy engine in (I know, blasphemy). He said it’s in good condition.I put “no engine” in the title because you would obviously take it out. Any ballpark estimates what it’s worth?

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  3. john mckeon

john mckeon Rookie

Feb 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    john mckeon
    I’ll find out by Monday.

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    This is not the proper forum: the 365GT4 2+2 (this forum) is by no means as valuable as the 365GTB4. The vintage forum is where you will find more hints about the value of this car.

Back to your question, individual GTB4 parts (windscreen, body panels, lenses, interior, transmission, rear axles) are extremely expensive.

5. john mckeon

john mckeon Rookie

Feb 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    john mckeon
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate the guidance.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    First, is it one of the original spiders (121) or is it a cut coupe?
    Second, what is the overall state of the car? He says good condition but has he been driving it or has it been parked for years?
    Third, id share pictures of the car (as much as you can) to get a better idea on the value

Interesting thread in any case! I have no idea on the value of a Daytona Engine...$80k? $100k?
    If you can find one, it would still need to be matching numbers for the car to be worth as much as possible, otherwise a non matching number Ferrari is typically worth 20/30% less i think.

7. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    A 69 would be a cut car as a Spyder and a plexiglass car (well plexiglass originally)..

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Are we certain that it is a genuine Ferrari and not one of the dreadful McBurnie replicas?

Daytonafan likes this.
  9. sully1967

sully1967 Rookie

Dec 4, 2014
    Napa, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Sullivan