CHIANINA STEAK | FerrariChat

CHIANINA STEAK

Discussion in 'Texas' started by absostone, Dec 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    #1 absostone, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    I figured that Texans would know steak, so Ill ask here. There is a places in Texas that have this particular Breed of steak for sale and another in Colorado guessing from the area code, but the home page says El Paso. Has anyone ever tried or know of anywhere else? Im sure its not exactly the same as the Tuscan Chianina but I would like to get some if I could. And your opinions will be appreciated. Thanks

Tuscan Cattle | Exclusive Supply of Renowned Chianina Beef | Holiday Gifts Texas

Official Home of Chianina beef | Welcome Texas ? or Colorado?

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You'd think that if they're going to the trouble of growing chianina they'd sell a double thick porterhouse for steak florentine.

Kind of hard to sort out what the latter has for sale.

I don't know either of these companies, but we have had great experience with this company in Texas that sells full blooded Japanese akaushi.

https://heartbrandcattle.com/

T

absostone likes this.
  3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    #3 absostone, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Great more steak research. lol. I had two Fiorentina steaks in Florence in 2018, hard to believe how good it could be. ill post pics. Get your bib out!

tomc likes this.
  4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Top row is from 051 in Bologna . The Lower row was from Florence. Its obvious the top row was the winner. it was around 3-1/2'' thick. But I do recall the bottom one was really good also. I want more.

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Insane! I'm starving now, and I just finished dinner!

T

absostone likes this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    LOL Im watching the Heartbrand Vids now.

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Interesting I havent seen any of the sites stating the meat is aged. Hmm

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    We got really good dry aged beef from these folks. Dry aged prime strip steaks.

https://www.debragga.com

T

absostone likes this.
  9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ooo those look good thanx Tom

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    They tasted great. If you get them, always cook top grade beef a little less done than you normally would a regular steak...T

11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Always

12. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Ummm, some unfortunate looking meat on this thread...Go find some high grade Wagyu

13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Dude Why would you say unfortunate? dumb post. Wagyu isnt the be all end all of steak

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Have a purveyor you can recommend?
    T

15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I was trying to be polite, and if Wagyu isn’t the be all end all, it’s WAY closer than this....

BTW, you asked for opinions so getting butt-hurt is your own fault

16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I generally buy it from Central Market in Houston, which is a lower grade Wagyu but still better than other choices. For special occasions I would go to the Wagyu Shop online for Japanese Wagyu.

tomc likes this.
  17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I asked if anyone has tried Chianina from Texas . Not tell me whats better in your opinion. Have you ever tried Chianina? Ive had Wagyu from Japan and also Snake River Wagyu of a lower grade which was far better than Japans

18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    No, and looking at a couple of websites would not be interested. A lot of history in the breed though.

19. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    I gotta thank the OP for posting this!

I've had a wide range of top shelf steak, A5 from a number of regions (Kobe, Kagoshima, Iwate, Miyazaki, Olive) from Crowd Cow, Snake River Farms black and gold grade wagyu and lower end stuff like 44 farms, Allen Brothers, Grand Western, Central Market, Costco.

All have their place and all are good in their own way but when I think of the best steak I've ever had, I go back to the time I had a massive 4 finger thick Fiorentina steak from the Chianina breed of cows in Florence. It was so good that I had it 3x in 1 week.

Shark01 - I've never ordered steaks from the OP's website, hell I didn't even know we could get Chianina steaks in the US but don't be so quick to discount it, it might surprise you. It's obviously not as marbled as an A5 wagyu but that's not what this breed is going for.

I'm going to order this just to check it out so thank you, OP!

tomc and absostone like this.
  20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Well let me know if its acceptable , I too had 2 Chianinas in one week ,and in all fairness when cooked Al Braci [ real wood] it is amazing. Now when I grill I do the few minutes per side and stand on the bone for a few and then salt and olive oil at the end. I do plan on trying Wagyu again but so far the Snake river was my favorite. I also want to try Bue Grasso, Piedemontese, and Galician etc.

21. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    will do, i just placed an order for their last porterhouse. Kind of wish it were thicker but oh well, beggars can't be choosers!

absostone and tomc like this.
  22. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Wow that was fast. Its in your neck of the woods I see. So you obviously didnt speak with alive person then. Lets see what happens.

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Awesome. Let us know how you like it.
    I'm always down for supporting Texas companies...T

absostone likes this.
  24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've heard nothing bt good things about Snake River. Need to read up on the others.
    I too would love to try beef from Spain. Someone posted in the dinner thread about beef from San Sebastian, and since then it's been on my "want to try" list!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2013/09/18/great-steak-spains-temple-of-beef/?sh=5e93649b6a21

T

absostone likes this.