My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Circle K, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Cliff notes:

1. Missing bolts in frunk
    2. Missing floor mats
    3. Didn’t do paddle shift cover mod (which was never that great to begin with)
    4. Got a clutch he doesn’t think was his
    5. Broke and fixed inflator strap
    6. Conversion took 5 months

Care to comment on how good or bad the conversion is?

paulchua and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are missing an element though: ppl complain online more than they praise.
    Take the other nasty user who threw a fit ad nauseam on the other thread. He said he would tel us how the conversion is as soon as he gets the car.
    Pretty sure by now if he had received the car in bad shape or not working we would know...yet weeks have passed and he is MIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Exactly- complaining is easy giving credit is hard.
    So many Ferrari owners tend to be entitled

4. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    How many conversions have been completed and delivered to customers? What percentage of those are unhappy with what they paid for and for what reasons specifically?

6. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    I am waiting for a few other things to be fleshed out before posting my review on the conversion but I can say that I received a minimal amount of my parts back and it has been a few weeks (promised to have been shipped this past weekend). Also, I have had two PM’s from people who had conversions done that had significant mechanical or electrical issues that supposedly art refused to fix. I’d guess there will be more threads once they move through their process with remedy...

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    and we're giving him his freedom along with the other users, so not sure what we're arguing, except as admins and mods we take more things in consideration than it often appears in a post.

TheMayor and GatorFL like this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    he has completed 52 conversions in 18 months, and that's with 9 months of covid.

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Kinda reminds me of Strahan. He did a bunch of convertible conversions and then something blew up. I believe, however, the market places a premium on his work.

GatorFL likes this.
  10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Ha, yes I once posted a thread entitled something like “In praise of Ferrari workshops you like“

I namechecked mine, thread died after a day or two. No popcorn value. Nobody would read a newspaper article headlined Your local coffee shop makes nice coffee. If it poisoned people, sure, news.

Rob, there are people here with thousands of posts whom I would be quite happy to see disappear in a pool of used engine oil. Post quantity does not equal integrity..

currently my sympathy is with the OP!

11. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Richard Straman. coachbuilt.com/bui/s/straman/straman.htm

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I did the same thing once! Got ZIP responses to a positive thread about experiences with shops or dealers.

Its the same with Amazon reviews. People rarely post they are happy unless they are ecstatic. But something is just a little wrong or disappointing... WHAM! Zero stars!

Its human nature.

13. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The EAG cars appear on BaT here and there, and the conversion work is generally agreed to be of high quality.

There are plenty of cases with shop owners, contractors, etc. that do good work but are terrible business people.

14. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    Conversion took 2 months, 5 months was to repair, after the conversion, total 7 months. At the moment, it drives great besides having the heat shield rattle, need to get that done. It’s way more fun to drive as a manual. I’m very lucky after speaking with others who delt with EAG. They have it far worse.

Texas Forever and GatorFL like this.
  15. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    I disagree with those numbers, lucky if he did 15.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Well unless u can prove it;)

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen!

18. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    I was there in Feb 20’ to test drive my car, at that time he said I was his 9th, you do the math

Staylor33813, Lusso123 and GatorFL like this.
  19. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    52 does sound a little unlikely. They are using factory parts (supposedly) and I can’t imagine there are that many 6-speed gearboxes plus trim pieces just laying around...

20. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Watching the you tube vids, it seems they are remaking many of the parts now for these manual conversions and a middle man has now taken over the operation/customer side of things.

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok cool. you win. i am no longer going to post anything regarding EAG. Their work, good or bad, will speak for itself. Larini just sent me an email that my exhaust is delayed due to covid in c19. maybe i shld start a larini bashing thread.

ShineKen and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  22. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Dude, everyone knows Larini IS THE WORST....

:D

ttforcefed likes this.
  23. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    IMO regarding workshops generally.
    A place that cares enough to send U a report of car condition when arrived + diagnosis with full parts condition Pics or Vids + explaining the details of what is going on. Is a place worth being a loyal customer to.

Circle K likes this.
  24. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Serious question, when you're getting your car shipped back to you, why doesn't the company wrap the part and put it in the frunk or front floor board?

25. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s 9 months ago so I think you just proved it’s possible