Stanley Harris' 500 TRC in Canton, OH | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stanley Harris' 500 TRC in Canton, OH

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Frank_Ford, Nov 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    What's the story with the car in this video? It is described as 0698MDTR but car has V12 fitted. Looks like a TRC but I see sheetmetal differences with the actual 0698MDTR.

2. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
    Actually, Bryan was talking about his Dad, MD, removing stitches from one of the carting crew as an ad-hoc courtesy - with "little" Bryan providing the lighting.
    Now all we need is the opening music of "M.A.S.H." playing in the background to complete the scene.

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    With all due respect, but I believe it was Bob B, a.k.a. "fiatosca" making that comment and my reply was somewhat tung-in-cheek due to having removed some stitches from myself without any medical professionals present and due to being a middle school drop-out, having no degrees or doctorates, medical or otherwise, myself. ;)

4. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
    Yep sorry, completely messed up my quoting there... and the silly forum won't let me fix my own post the same day - or delete it. So now there'll be a permanent record of my lack of reading comprehension. ;-)

Of course, I MEANT to say "Robert" - not "Bryan".
    And, yes, your humor went right over your head - was still in "serious business mode" on other topics, when the notification of the new forum posts came in.

TTR and 375+ like this.
  5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Yes, I too "dislike" inability to correct or edit my posts or ramblings later than 10 minute allocation.

Fennicus, Lusso123 and readplays like this.
  6. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Sorry for the delayed response; yes, I recall the scene in post 9 being the shuffle in front of our old house to put both cars in the rig to go to the Reading Concorso. left-to-right are Bruce Perrone, David Carte, RADM Phillips and yours truly.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

fiatosca, 375+, AtSomePoint and 2 others like this.
  7. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Looks a lot like 0686MDTR.

8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Camp Freddie, Picchu88, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  9. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    #34 Fennicus, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Hi,

probably very Finnish too. :)

I recently pierced (accidentally of course) my LH middle finger with a high quality stainless Torx 20 screw driver.

I was frantically finishing the rockers for the rocker shaft on my Jaguar 3 1/2 Lire Mark IV engine from 1948, the final steps in an engine rebuild that had taken 17 months. Second to last rocker at 11 PM, too much power and one slip.

At first I thought I’d wake up the missus or 17yr old son and ask for help in finding some disinfectant and a band aid, but then I thought they would just panic.

After all I did not know what exactly had happened, but I had two small holes on said finger, pumping blood. Finger into mouth, walk into kitchen, finger under cold water for a while, then into the bathroom, pull out some tissue, spray disinfectant, dry with the tissue, wrap a band aid around the finger, brush teeth and go to bed. Problem solved. Two weeks later, fully cured. Just two small scars to remind not to work late and tired, wear gloves and goggles and ear muffs, well at least most of the time.

Sorry for OT.

Cheers!

colombo2cam and TTR like this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ?????

Marcel Massini

11. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Ok, I just reacted to what I read here. I thought it would amuse some and be a warning to others who might still feel invincible. Maybe I should just PM TTR instead then. Back to work on my MKV and 456GT. Cheers!

TTR likes this.
  12. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    Marchetti...around 1989-ish, possibly a little earlier, or, a tad later...got shopped this car and-if memory serves me at advancing age..an allo bodied 300SL(198.043 car)
    Both right around an idea number...112k each??? Does this sound about the right time/same car...Chicago???

13. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
    By that time the car would have been with Marriott for a few years, before it was auctioned to Europe the year after. Of course, if Marchetti did a good job keeping tabs of their clients and their intentions, they could have had their feelers out?

14. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    Typo-I can’t see to save my life without my trifocals!: late 78 to early 80s
    Certainly prior to the “gray market” import explosion of the era...

but, hey, I’m getting really old....fast..

what I DO recall with hi degree of certainty: pricing around the same for both cars..

15. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
    Thanks for clarifying. Yes, that makes perfect sense as, indeed, it was back to Marchetti during that time.