458 - What is your daily driver? | Page 21 | FerrariChat

458 What is your daily driver?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eskanday, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Wikdstrate, Rami Hajjar and Scudmsl like this.
  2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    458-Italia likes this.
  3. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    They are a homerun for Porsche, I am sure I will get one at some point. Massive space in there..

4. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Bundy and uhn2000 like this.
  5. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok thanks... I really need to get on this and order it!

Bundy and 458-Italia like this.
  6. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    New daily, keeping in the Italian family.

Attached Files:

7. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    How do you like the GT4C Lusso as the Daily? Does the "specialness" wear off, or is it smiles every time you hop in?

I have been debating this for next year.

Natkingcolebasket69 and SECRET like this.
  8. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I haven’t owned a Lusso, but dailied an FF for several years. It always felt special to me and put a huge smile on my face. Would highly recommend.

Caeruleus11, SECRET and eurocg like this.
  9. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    #510 SECRET, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    I've debated it for years since the FF came out, and it was still kind of an open question for me until recently. Now that we have a toddler that's starting to understand that he cannot ride in the Pista with me, for reasons he can't grasp, it breaks my heart. To see him standing there in the garage with mom as I back out of the driveway in the Pista really changes the enjoyment for me... A LOT.

Enter the GTC4Lusso.

I was already planning to sell my last daily, the McLaren 570S; it was getting little to no use with COVID lockdowns and office closures. We also have an older Range Rover Sport that we were selling to downsize the fleet a little bit. This meant we would be left with 1 newer family SUV and 1 super badass Pista. While this would be a dream garage for any bachelor, it's not a great situation for a family with a toddler, especially if we have any issues with the SUV.

We started to talk about daily drivers for me again. The Taycan was incredibly tempting, but something tells me Porsche has bigger and better things coming. The Audi RS6, BMW M5, and Porsche Panamera were also on the list.

Coincidently during this time, due to Ferrari's strict policies regarding selling new cars neither above or below MSRP and a unique situation that my dealer had with an abandoned order of a highly-specced car that sat on the lot unsold, this particular brand new old stock V12 Lusso ended up going to auction. This was presumably so the dealer could write it off without getting in trouble with Ferrari HQ. As luck would have it, I was in the market at the right time, and ended up picking up at a good deal on auction.

It's been undoubtedly an special occasion every time I get into it.
    • It all starts with hearing the exhaust when you fire it up. It reminds you it's a Ferrari, a V12, and that the engine comes from a long lineage of prancing horses before it that stood for passion, racing, and excitement.
    • After backing out of the garage, I see my wife and toddler standing there, but unlike before, they are walking towards the car as it's backing out so they can both jump into the passenger side. That makes the experience of driving the car that much sweeter. And on the days they're waving goodbye and staying home, as I pull out of the garage without them, it's knowing the reason they're staying home isn't because they CAN'T go with me in a NA V12 Ferrari that changes everything and makes me think about the Lusso even as I'm driving the Pista!
    100%. The consistent thing you see from FF and Lusso owners is that we seem to always encourage other FChat members to make the leap when they post about making the purchase. I think it's because we're so sure people will love it. If you are looking at the FF/Lusso, then you're probably among the half of the population that already appreciates the concept or look of the car. Once you're there, it's all about finding the right spec and deal.

10. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    @SECRET

Thank you for the right up. It makes perfect sense. I love the Sneaker look of the car, big M-Coupe Fan, but I don't fit in those cars. I look like Bowser even more so than in my 458.

I have seen some great deals and I think once I find the f12 that i am looking for, the SVR will need to be sold off and the Lusso added.

My girl just picked up a new G-Wagon, so got the SUV thing down. Trying to jump on the f12 bandwagon before included maintenance and warranties are all gone.

Wikdstrate and SECRET like this.
  11. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
  12. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    To each his own of course and I'm going from experience in both. Have you compared or been in an M5?

13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Yes...used to love the BMW M brand when I was younger, had several M3 variants, coupe and convertible. A little too ricky racer for me at my current age tho. So, I did test drive the M5 when making the choice and while no doubt a great car (super fast, love the DCT, interior was nice), I had two issues with it: a)there was no discernible exhaust note, and b) except to people on this board, hard to distinguish the M5 from the 550 on the road...BMW needs to change up some of its stgyling IMHO

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Spot on with M5. BMW lost its way now for a decade.

GT2goneF and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    true...and its honestly sad. They build / built great cars, and I would have very much seriously considered it were it not for the above issues

GT2goneF and Caeruleus11 like this.
  16. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    GT2goneF likes this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    We haven't had proper snow in 4 years. But the answer to your question is - the Lusso.

It's a car, and it was made to be used and enjoyed.

IF I against all odds should find myself in need of a 4x4 I'll lease a G for the winter:D

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Well, that may explain all the anti-BMW/M car commentary I've had the misfortune of reading after I posted a photo of my M4. A bit disappointing. At least you came out and addressed me directly. I appreciate you being direct.

I'm in my mid-40s. I remember growing and really appreciating the E36/E46 M3s in the 90s. I also had always loved the HRE 540 wheel from that same era. These things were out of my reach back then. As a result, owning an M car had become a goal of mine. Combining the M4 with HRE 540s actually has meaning for me.

I've been fortunate enough that the decades of grind spent in the tech space has finally paid off and I am now able to start a collection of vehicles. In addition to my M4, I have a 458 and I have an F8 Spider on order. I absolutely love cars (and have always had a passion for Ferrari) and that's why I'm here on FChat.

Perhaps I should have lurked longer to fully understand the culture of this forum. Lesson learned; as this is the first car forum I have been active on. Now I know to keep photos of my modded M4 and my lightly modded 458 to myself as they are simply not welcome here. I enjoy these cars and that's really all that matters.

Spider68 likes this.
  19. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Hey there… From my perspective, no reason to stay off the forum or to keep your opinions to yourself at all. But I love about this form, as everyone has a different perspective that I add to my own. The fact that you love your car is great. Other people simply may not appreciate the slam to work, as it comes with some negatives from a drive in perspective. At the end of the day though, we obviously all love cars or we would not be here. Be safe and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Spider68 likes this.
  20. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    RoadRonin likes this.
  21. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Don’t be ridiculous ... we are here because we love cars ... the only opinion that matters is yours. You worked hard and achieved a dream (along with a couple of Ferraris to boot!). The M4 is a great car and yours looks great. Beside all that it has the proper number of pedals! Enjoy her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    My Ferrari 458 and BMW Z4 are very close friends:

Attached Files:

RoadRonin likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Ease up. No need to be so sensitive. It is just an opinion such as yours. Take it for what it is worth and be happy with yours.

24. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I love my FF as a daily. I get a big smile every time I start it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ScottS, Bundy and GT2goneF like this.