250GT S.2 cabriolet passenger headrest... | FerrariChat

250GT S.2 cabriolet passenger headrest...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by kare, Nov 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Does anyone have any idea how many cars were sold with optional passenger headrest and eventual examples of such cars?

Cheers, Kare

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    does any of those cars ever have been delivered with headrest? not that I know

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I know there are 250 Coupes that were delivered with them and someone posted a picture of one here many years ago. I can't remember any original condition PF Coupes I have ever seen that didn't have the brackets on the seat back for the headrest.

4. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    #1977 has the passenger headrest and is original. Here she is at Cavallino and judges confirmed originality.

Attached Files:

Glassman likes this.
  5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    If I read OP correctly, the question was about SII Cabriolets, not Coupes.

BigTex and turbo-joe like this.
  6. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oh gosh..........so sorry.

7. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #7 kare, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    My estimate is that 20-25% of Pininfarina Coupes were delivered with optional headrest costing 30.000 lires (1960). Coupe production ended in summer of 1960, at a time when Cabriolets had been in production for a few months already. I would be interested to know if the passenger headrest option was also offered to Cabriolets at this time, and if there are any known cars that were delivered with it. So far I have found only one S.2 Cabriolet photo showing a passenger headrest, but it is clearly a Karobes Kontinental - an easily recognizable accessory coming out of UK.