Best Metallic Red’s?? | FerrariChat

Best Metallic Red’s??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Glenn Quagmire, Nov 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    #1 Glenn Quagmire, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    I’m seeking opinions on the best metallic red’s, as I try and settle on my SF90 configuration. While I really like Rosso Corsa, it can appear somewhat flat in certain cases. Thus, I’m aiming for red with metallic in it. I’m aware of RC Metallizzato, but from what many FC members have indicated, there’s not enough of a discernible difference between it and RC.

I understand Rosso TRS is a bright red metallic, but have seen folks say it’s nearly the same as RCM. Of course, colors are a very subjective thing...which is why I’m reaching out to the group for information and opinions about metallic reds, in hopes that it helps me understand what options are available. Photo examples you may have are appreciated. I’ve searched and found several, but realize there’s a wealth of knowledge and experience to tap into here, which might help expedite the process a bit.

Thanks in advance to all those who comment!

2. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Rosso Rubino (Ruby Red) from the early '70's.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    IMHO internet photos are a poor substitute for seeing color swatches or, ideally, actual cars, especially if you’re considering the 3L spend.

If you can get an atelier appointment, you’ll have a higher degree of confidence in making your selection. Barring that, you may be able to request a few swatches through your SA for comparison. Seeing those in your local light would be most helpful.

Generally speaking, you’ll have the base red and it’s place on the spectrum, warm to cool. Then add the metallic flake size (smaller, larger) and color (eg silver, gold, etc).

Easiest, IMO, to identify your preference of flake (gold vs silver etc) and then narrow from there.

I know it’s subjective, but my personal impression of RC compared side-by-side to RCM is that it’s not different enough to justify the spend.

Glenn Quagmire and vraa like this.