F8 or STO? | Page 18 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I am no a Grey car guy so wrong person to ask. Lately I have been "into" black cars as they can be "accented" with other colours and are easier to move on (which I do regularly).

Also with the quality of PPF these days, many people seems to be picking a base colour (white/black) and wrapping the car in their colour of choice.

I prefer to spend $s on the optional stuff

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    #427 Surfah, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    After dailying a Nero Daytona California, I said never again HA. Having experienced the ease of maintenance with ceramic coating on my Rosso Mars Huracan, I would not be against a white or black car in the future. Wrapping a car is always an option but due to my H being ceramic coated and still maintaining it's hydrophobic property extremely well after almost 5 years I have not entertained a wrap just yet. Changing the color via a wrap is a lot cheaper than changing the car.

3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Yup - my PPF guy uses ceramic coating on the wrap and he has some new stuff "Q2M PREP" which is a degreaser for PPF which he says brings up the shine (I will try some). When he does a PPF in colour he covers everything other than the interior of the hood (too difficult)- so u dont see the base colour unless u lift the hood.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    The skill of the PPF installer is more important than the brand of wrap IMO.

Shack likes this.
  5. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    So I spoke with my dealer at length earlier today and I'm scaling back on the some options like the exterior carbon package and interior carbon package. If I keep all the options with the no cost white or black paint my car is nipping at close to $480k CAD before taxes. Way too much for a Huracan imo so I'm looking to get my spec down in the low 400's.

Shack, Ash Patel and dustman like this.
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    There used to be a time where 300k was pushing for the price of super cars. Now 400 is the new norm. Pretty soon entry level super cars will be 500k.

Ash Patel, Napoli, SLDriver and 2 others like this.
  7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    inflation, blame the fed. No joke.

boxerman likes this.
  8. Well, there used to be a time when Dow 20K was a big deal.

Until today.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If I would have invested all the money I’ve blown on cars over the years, I could afford to buy one super car today. :)

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If you bought Tesla stock last year, you could buy a hyper car with the gains.

Shack likes this.
  11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Exactly where my mind is at also. I simulated a build checking my usual type of options and it touched $500k. Same price as my heavily equipped 765LT, which I just cannot compute. Add the inevitable 10% luxury tax by the delivery date to the existing 13% sales tax and it’s now a $600k+ car. For that price, I’d expect reworked engine internals, a full Ti exhaust and premium CF bodywork material (not a plastic/CF blend used in a $200k GT3 RS).

Gh21631 and SLDriver like this.
  12. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Inflation? Then why am I getting next to nothing in my savings and CDs? It's more just that we are stupid and willing to keep paying more

MANDALAY likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yup and it's obvious who they are.

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Yep

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I now they are slightly different cars but the cost of the STO will certainly keep the Performante's value up. At least Lambo is not screwing the existing owners too bad.

Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  16. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    We're paying 26% :oops: The 10% luxury would put a massive dent in luxury and supercar sales across the country which is why a lot of used supercars from Canada are ending up in the US. Not enough buyers up here.

I was told the Aventador replacement with options could be nudging close to a million dollars CAD before tax. My SVJ coupe was just under a million with taxes, SVJ roadster over a million. And funny enough Lamborghini wants to add a 4th entry level model, let me guess it'll be priced at the rock bottom price of $350k lol.

Here's the options on the STO were you can save money:

- Skip the new sport seats and get the free race buckets. They're not as bad as people claim. I had them in my Perf and now in my SVJ.
    - Full carbon packages, waste of money. ROA for exterior and interior trim is poor.
    - Seat colour/trim. Go with the unicolor interior and get the stitching in contrast colour option to add some colour. If you get sport seats you get piping and it cost under a $1.000 compared to a bicolour interior which is around $4k.
    - Paint is a personal choice but again there's no ROA on expensive paint. I know buyers who have bought special paint cars and wrapped them.
    - Contrast colour/livery sticker package - biggest waste of money.
    - Personal preference but I would stick with the forged wheels. Again no one is going to pay you extra if you have the bronze wheels but you're going to pay $17k+.

Shack, 09Scuderia and SoCal to az like this.
  17. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    #442 SLDriver, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    I sold mine few months back and got really good money. There's been a lot of demand for the Perf coupe since the summer and I don't see them dipping anytime soon. In my opinion the Perf is the best all around modern Lamborghini, it's a brilliant car.

And demand for Lambos is at an all-time high which is why values are pretty steady. The Urus, Perf, 580 are all holding up pretty well and I expect the same with the STO. Keep an eye on the Aventadors as well because the replacement A will be double the price so demand will shoot back up for the Aventador.

Coincid and Boomhauer like this.
  18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Sold my Perf S in 2019, and they are selling for MORE now. Crazy.

Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Good advice, thanks. The car admittedly appeals to me and but still struggle with the value equation. The magnesium wheels are the only ‘must have’ option to me since they are lighter and actually contribute to performance vs the vanity options. Also, I find the base wheel design too busy. Is it possible to get the mag wheels in gloss black by special request?

20. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    AdP won't do wheels because it's special paint that needs testing. I tried to have AdP paint my Perf wheels in gloss and they said no. Same with brake calipers.

ScrappyB likes this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    3rs is of of the same ethos and is a better car. Not only cheaper but a far better proposition and, not mileage sensitive like a Lambo. Now these guys really know how to build a proper car. Watch from 8.40

22. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Indeed, I watched that earlier this evening and liked what I saw/heard. Not usually a fan of pin striped wheels but the blue was striking. Curious what weight savings tricks he was referring to in the exhaust system. My guess is the use of Ti - also serving to help recover some of the lost sound/emotion from the GPFs.

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I like this car a lot and will be adding one to the garage next year. Keep going back and forth between getting a current Touring or waiting foe new one...

ScrappyB likes this.
  24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    This is the big problem for the others. Porsche keeps raising the bar in driver engagement and performance levels.
    The 3rs will be another level in engagement as well. The other thing is you can put mileage on it and still have buyers lining up on the used end.

ScrappyB likes this.
  25. Evo X

Evo X Karting

Jun 16, 2018
    Chicago
    I think this would be a good time to mention I work for Porsche.

So if any of you big ballers need Turbos or GT3s, hit me up. I’ll use the sales to help fund the STO. Lol