Maranellos are disappearing | Page 72 | FerrariChat

Maranellos are disappearing

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by intrepidcva11, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JayCee500

JayCee500 Rookie

Jul 24, 2020
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jonty
    Hello Bluebottle,
    In full agreement and have made similar suggestions to CC.
    They weren’t particularly interested but in the long term the best business model would provide transparency, commonality (rather than Arthur Daley’s best))
    in all of the listings plus a level of inspection, providing piece of mind and confidence all round.
    It would also help to justify the fee and enhance their reputation.
    Seems obvious to me.
    They don’t even allow/encourage the banter/critique as in BAT, questions are removed if deemed unreasonable??

Bluebottle likes this.
  2. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    It looked great from the photos. The winning bid was £58k, which felt like a sensible figure taking into account the fact that it’s LHD and F1 575s seem a bit unloved at the moment.

3. JayCee500

JayCee500 Rookie

Jul 24, 2020
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jonty
    Hi,
    Can anyone recommend an outdoor car cover manufacturer for a 575m? Thanks

4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I've had good luck with Cal Car Cover. Their line includes indoor and outdoor covers. I bought one from them for my Cayman and it was very well fitted.

5. JayCee500

JayCee500 Rookie

Jul 24, 2020
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jonty
    Thanks Laserguru, I’ll take a look.

6. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  7. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    Lovely indeed-wonder what the ask is?

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Jonathan Franklin from Hexagon, presumably?

If it is, the ask will doubtless be unfeasibly high, though it is a lovely looking car.

These left hand drive cars will soon become harder to sell in the UK because of Brexit duties if taking them back to to continental Europe where most of them come from.

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Only in Barnier's fantasy world would goods of EU origin be liable for import duties on returning to the EU !

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sounds like a lot of crossing your feet to save bullets is involved in settling Brexit.

11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    For sure. The truth is, we still have no clue, whichever side of the fence we are on. But, taxes are always more likely than no taxes. So I stand by my prediction, while wishing it to be wrong.

12. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  13. Vilhuer

Vilhuer Karting

Aug 3, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Good luck selling UK cars into EU on January 1st. Goods made in EU and sold into USA, Canada etc. get 10% WTO agreement custom duty and xx% VAT based on where in EU car is registered. UK is automatically in same category in under a month. That's what no deal means. LHD car market is going to be killed as export to EU means price has to be lower to compete while EU market value stays same.

14. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Does this apply to cars leaving Europe for the US/Canada? Or is it specific to goods leaving the UK?

15. Vilhuer

Vilhuer Karting

Aug 3, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    It is specific to cars entering into EU. USA and Canada have their own rules what can be imported and how much it costs.

16. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    So for us across the pond it's actually a good thing. UK LHD cars will drop in value but it's no different for us if we import from UK or EU.

17. Vilhuer

Vilhuer Karting

Aug 3, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Yes. On used car front you are only winners. Biggest losers are UK LHD owners. They can still sell to EU but price has to be dropped 25-35% to be on level with inside EU prices. Basically they are in same position as Canadian sellers.

18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    By 2026, all the Euro LHD 550s will be eligible for import to the US without modifications. Seems like there is a 2.5% duty, but that is trivial.

19. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Don't think I've seen this one posted before: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1148964

Looks nice, apart from that fact that it's LHD and the parcel shelf appears to have had some aftermarket speakers fitted... Also the lip is body coloured.

20. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    I think i saw this car about 6 years ago before i bought my own
    Condition was not great and price was around £43.000 from memory.

21. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes. It was last for sale in 2016 at £99k but didn't sell. It appears to have had no MOT for the last 6 years. I have seen it a few times a fair while ago and I also recall it being in a less than stellar condition. Rosso Fiorano is a great colour on a 550 though.

22. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Agree! Looks amazing. Kaaimans had one in this colour a while ago and it looked fantastic.

23. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Cool! Also never seen one in that colour.

24. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Is that really Blu Chiaro? The pictures are very poor but if I had to guess I would think it might be Blu Sebring. Interestingly, it is a Euro-spec car rather than Japanese-spec.