Official book collectors thread | Page 125 | FerrariChat

Official book collectors thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by lil squid, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I tried to navigate the auction site but finally gave up. The search function is about as friendly as FChat’s.;)

Lusso123 and jm2 like this.
  2. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Is there a listing of the books, etc for sale in this collection?

3. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It appears that multiple books are being sold in lots. I’m not sure if the books within the lots are listed. Sorry I’m not more help.

4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    jm2 likes this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Just type in the word "Ferrari" and all lots available or connected with this word will show up at then you can easily browse thru.
    The Jean-Louis Bezemer collection now for sale at Ni-Cola auctioneers in Germany is mainly hundreds of files filled in with magazine articles pulled out/cut out from thousands of car mags of the last 40 years or so. And then classified in red files by type and serial number.

Marcel Massini

6. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thank you for the clarification, Marcel.

Jack.

7. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    The F-register site contains a Ferrari book list compiled by Jean-Louis Bezemer for the Ferrari Club Nederland: https://www.f-register.com/community/the-book-shelf. I assume that this list is a good reflection of his own book collection now for sale.

Rosey likes this.
  8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    That's the entire list :)

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    New Classic Car Auction book, now in its 25th year, by Italian experts Adolfo Orsi and Raffaele Gazzi, published by Historica Selecta.
    Always good information with lots of interesting details. Total of 416 pages, English language, tons of pix.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ivo73, 375+ and -CD- like this.
  10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Rosey likes this.
  11. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Don’t Wash Mine, the book about Kirk F. White, is just released at www.daltonwatson.com It appears that the book is a compilation of Kirk’s blog. From what I can see on the web site it looks like it’s in a scrapbook format which seems to be in fashion these days. Frankly I think most of those are a hot mess, so I’ll wait for a few reviews before splashing out $95.

375+ likes this.
  12. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 agree

14. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Hi Marcel,

You're selling them a bit short. Probably true for the more modern models, but the binders about the older types also have old pictures in them. Plus Bezemer started collecting very early and has many old magazine articles in those binders. Especially the reports with race results are interesting.

Rosey and gt4me like this.
  15. jpsf1uk

jpsf1uk Rookie

Nov 1, 2018
  16. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    jpsf1uk likes this.
  17. jpsf1uk

jpsf1uk Rookie

Nov 1, 2018
    About the content and quality something more?Maybe someone had a preview of it. Thanks

18. jpsf1uk

jpsf1uk Rookie

Nov 1, 2018
  19. red tommy

red tommy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  20. stevewak

stevewak Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    UK
    I just got mine. For the money, it's useful and affordable, and no one's going to do another. But I don't think one can compare it with the Bartz book as the design - typography, layout, images - is way, way, way below that and far, far too many over-processed modern images from recent events. I would prefer half the size, better quality design, same facts and throw out all the modern pics.

ChoroQ likes this.
  21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    People may buy books for design, layout, typography, etc.
    I buy a book for the contents and the information.
    I don't need Hollywood and facades. It's all about facts.

Marcel Massini

Halfwit and Nembo1777 like this.
  22. stevewak

stevewak Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    UK
    I greatly respect your opinion Marcel and that is why I bought it! But this is my opinion; same words + period pics and better design = better book for me. Amelia and Cavallino with all the guys in shorts you can see on Barchetta.

375+, Rosey and Marcel Massini like this.
  23. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I've only just flicked through my copy.
    I agree, my most loved books have a little of every aspect that makes it special.

stevewak likes this.
  24. Lowell

Lowell Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    I bought a copy. I have read all the entries on his web blog . The book contains a lot more information, especially about his early life. There are a lot more photos than on his blog, and the photos are of higher quality. So far I have read a little more than half of the book, and so far I find it fun to read. I'm sure that this is not a book for every one, but if you really enjoyed his blog, you would probably like this book.

375+ and Jack-the-lad like this.
  25. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #3125 Rosey, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    I'm putting my vote in for the WORST Ferrari book of 2020.... Ferrari, Meet the Legend.

I picked up this shocker at my local bookstore and returned it within the hour !!

Check out the photo's, just horrendous. Have a closer look at the tyres, lights and the California sticker !!??

They are a weird combination of model cars and photo shop. Even for the cover it's not a real La Ferrari

Just a terrible waste of good paper.

I honestly thought there is no way I could have this in my Ferrari library and be taken seriously.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Lusso123, jm2, 375+ and 2 others like this.