What watch are you wearing today? | Page 600 | FerrariChat

What watch are you wearing today?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by VTChris, Sep 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I suppose at the end of the day, it comes down to one's relative net worth and the joy, in my case, of owning a "real" Rolex vs a fake. I'm LMAO that you enjoy wearing a fake Rolex...why even bother spending $100 to be a poser for a fake..? That's right it's ALL about one's net worth. Cheers!

2. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Never understood the allure of wearing a fake. It’s like saying, “Yeah, whatever I present you have to wonder if I’m telling the truth or pretending.”
    I don’t get that, but to each his own.

3. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Dave, there has to be a watch forum for fake Rolexes watches somewhere on the internet. Lol

I.T. Guy and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  4. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Greenwristforum.com

:)

5. jblakesmith_gt

jblakesmith_gt Karting

Jan 12, 2020
  6. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    Its a nice copy but the stamping on the clasp is quite poorly done.

7. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    ouch ... lol

8. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Instagram!:p

ROMO, Adamas and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  9. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    sasso1977, ROMO, zygomatic and 9 others like this.
  10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    BTW, for those of you paying attention I think the current mutt count around here is 3; Milo @cwilson13 , Bode @Cigarzman , and Sam (Samantha) @dstacy .

Cigarzman likes this.
  11. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Just updated my two-tone Sub for the third year in a row. Im not compelled to do this with any of my other watches. Just this one. I bought my first TT blue sub in 2002. Maybe its still my favorite watch to crave after all these years.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

sasso1977, G8TD, Jeppedo and 8 others like this.
  12. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Milo is highly offended by the term ‘mutt’ and is now sulking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasso1977 and Boomhauer like this.
  13. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    MILO!!! Good lookin’ boy, don’t pout I’ll send treats.

14. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
  15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

cls, Alcav5, flat_plane_eddie and 4 others like this.
  16. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
    Hi Stacy! The fake really is amazing. Not only is the clasp built out of laser etched "milled" components (vs. pressed sheet metal), but it also includes the wet suit expander. The only thing missing might be the micro length adjustments within the clasp itself, and the spring doesn't last more than a day when not
    worn. Just incredible detail and workmanship for less than $100. There are others I'm considering for a little bit more, but they all have to live up to at least these same standards.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The problem with a fake, in addition to being a guy who would actually wear one, is the fact that they never get it right. That clasp is a dead giveaway; the engraving is wrong.
    Do yourself a favor man, don't wear a fake. Just save your money and buy the real deal. You'll feel better about yourself.
    View attachment 3043113

18. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    That fake is not good by any means, maybe from 10 feet away you can't tell but from seeing it on someone's wrist there's a few things off with it (dial color, bezel proportions, dial stamping, and a few other things). I do this for a living so maybe I'll catch it quicker but once someone knows the main differences between it and a fake they'll be able to spot it right away on another.

Ultimately, I don't really understand the point of a fake especially for someone who's on a Ferrari forum.

AtomicPunk88, Bmwatts, ROMO and 4 others like this.
  19. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nice , what did you do with your old sub ? Oh wait .....never mind ... that’s right ,I bought it from you. Lol Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. motts

motts Karting

Sep 1, 2015
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Alex
    ROMO, spike308, colombo2cam and 4 others like this.
  21. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    I like the blue better on bezel on that one. I think you should keep it for now. Thanks again for an amazing experience. Hey FChatters... I highly recommend Cigarzman!

I.T. Guy, ronfrohock and Cigarzman like this.
  22. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
    Hi guys. Sorry to start a flame war here on the "fake thing". I would agree with you all if I wanted people to think I was actually wearing a real one, but I don't - that's way beneath me. I openly admit that it's (they're) a fake. I just like the way they look, and if they keep good time, that's good enough for me. Not trying to impress anyone - I just like the way it looks and wears on my wrist. Meeting those simple desires honestly doesn't require >$10K up front and God-only-knows-what recurring service costs that might follow. My cars absolutely deserve those considerations, but alas, my watches simply don't. If I wanted a decent non-Rolex "homage" though, I might go with an Invicta, but they're too thick, heavier and a bit less subtle. BTW: I think the Blue/Gold sub is by far the prettiest of all. Great choice, Enzo & Cigarzman! That one watch started my research into the Rolexes. Saw one in Bahrain years ago and immediately fell in love. I'll add one of those and its variant with the Gold/Diamond face sometime in the future. Again - sorry to flame things up. I agree: It would be shameful to wear a replica just to impress people; with that deception being the watch's "raison d'être". Tch, tch, .... ;-)

Cigarzman and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  23. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Honesty is appreciated. IMO, buying the fake isn't just about the watches, the money made from them goes to fund other illicit things. Also, something to consider, there are tons of quality watches in the same price range or just above what a fake Rolex would cost you. I'm not preaching or trying to sway you, just food for thought.

24. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
    Point taken. Thanks poljab.

25. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    you miss the point of owing an original with your well articulated explanation.

Rolex, AP , Fendi, Prada, Hermes , Picasso, Dali, Moet , & everything else copied . If you want just a replicate bc they really look great then have at it , but in the end you are cheating the original whether you like it or not...

AtomicPunk88 and Bmwatts like this.