Wanted - F355 engine | FerrariChat

Wanted F355 engine

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by ThomasK, Nov 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThomasK

ThomasK Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Hi all,
    I am looking to refresh a F355 as a spare and seeing what is out there for sale. Ive missed a few on ebay, but that seems to be the only source ive seen for them.
    I have a 99, one of the last built, so it needs to be a "C" block and would prefer 96+ heads just to correspond to a 5.2 year range.
    I dont want one that threw a rod threw the block, or ran out of oil, or been sitting without plugs outside in the rain. One that currently runs, that maybe needs valve guides, burns some oil, or needs a general "refresh".
    I only need the long block, no throttle bodies, etc just to keep costs down. Budget depends on condition and whats included.

Pic is an example

thanks!
    Tom K
    512-799-5139
    Houston, TX
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  3. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    All the big exotic parts sellers have engines on ebay.

4. ThomasK

ThomasK Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    yeah ive investigated those. a little too pricey for what you get. most of them are "exchange" which means i have to give up my engine to get a mystery engine. the purpose is to get a spare.

5. ThomasK

ThomasK Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
  6. ThomasK

ThomasK Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    nobody has anything that fits the bill, so still searching.

7. superflyte

superflyte Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Melbourne, VIC
    Full Name:
    Troy
    There's one on an FB group called Ferrari Buy Sell Swap Australia. It probably works out to US$25k, but is complete engine, trans, headers, etc...

Posted 5th November 2020.