F8 - Order Status | Page 57 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Any update ? Car has not been checked in off the boat for me yet. Did dalila land ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Dalia still in water. Unfortunately, still off the grid. Last image was when it was in the Azores. I am pretty certain it is closer. However, it is still programmed to reach NY/NJ port 11/15. It is traveling pretty fast, at roughly 20 knots. Chicago Express was averaging 13 knots. Granted CE is a lot bigger than Dalila. So two more days and it should be docking!

3. JanStuart

JanStuart Karting

Mar 20, 2019
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jan Sirota
    Well, my F8 was status 40 on September 15th and a November delivery was contemplated. Checked again two days ago....still status 40. Doesn't make any sense. Fortunately I have a 458 to drive, but the contemplation is on my mind.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Don't worry, they aren't updating status by status. Next thing you'll know is that your car is Status 70 or 90. My first numbered status notification was 40 as well. I was notified of order acceptance and no changes in words which mean 10 G and 10 R, respectively. From 40, I was notified of 70 and then 90. All well beyond the actual status. My last 2 pictures came about 1-2 weeks apart. Just enjoy the torture. When you get to 90, you get to what I like to call the "tweaker" status. You want it bad, you need it but you don't know when you're getting the next fix. To the point that I researched the forum heavily, started tying loose ends that matched, along with dates and was able to deduce what two ships my car would be on and when they would arrive. It is that bad. I am trying to be as graceful as possible but I am failing miserably. The good thing is that I wasn't annoying my sales people for updates as much as my mind wanted to. I kept myself busy all along to avoid annoying them. I am sure they don't like nor appreciate the "on your case" people.

So long story short and best advice I can give you is look for something else to do and the car will get here when it does, regardless of what you know, don't know, do or do not. At least, your car in in the assembly line and not on a piece of paper waiting to become one.

jm2, EzyMode and JanStuart like this.
  5. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    So in my F8 order, I decided to go with Daytona Racing Seats. My dealer suggested that I get the Racing Seat Lifter for resale purposes. However, I sat in a 488 and a Pista with Daytona Racing Seats without the Racing Seat Lifter and it felt perfect for me. My question is, if I get the Racing Seat Lifter, will that raise the seat higher than had I optioned it without the Lifter? Is the Lifter really that necessary?

Thanks!

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes it will raise the seat with the lifter, I did not spec the racing seat lifter either. However Hill engineering now makes a nice kit to raise the non lifter seats if needed.

https://www.hillengineering.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=18_164

7. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    Dicecal likes this.
  8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    This statement is the party line. It may be true but it may not for an individual buyer. I got the lifter but I am not likely keeping long term. I do agree with the sentiment about buying for oneself........And if it fits for you, it will fit for others.

9. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
  10. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  11. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    If you ask the question I would factory order it.

I didn't order it though.

12. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    Couple of things. When you order the lifter it is driver side only with no option for the passenger, worth noting if your partner feels they sit too low.

I spoke to Hill Engineering recently and asked if the product would work for the F8 and was told "it was designed for pre F8 cars". Looking at the kit it appears comprehensive (2 spacers which can be combined for 3 different height adjustments) but until somebody reports back it works for an F8 the fixings may/may not be appropriate. That having been said it is a reasonable cost to try it out and I will order it the next time my car is due in for service.

13. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’ve used the Hill engineering kit on my F8, the racing seat tracks and mounting points are exactly the same for the 488/F8 and some previous models.

ntatfas and Corsaspider like this.
  14. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Good news, bad news for my order status.

Still Green10, great, so I managed to change colour to a triple layer red, that was nagging away at me.

Still Green10, damn, so I bought an 812 to ease the wait.

Good news, good news, in many ways.

SoCal to az, Tech Nerd and GT2goneF like this.
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Whilst waiting for my turn on the track with a F8 other F8's and 812's were going around. Sound 812 8 , F8 at best 2.:(

You are going to hear the difference

GT2goneF and xBox like this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Which triple red ?

17. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I was hooked after hearing the dealers demo 812 fire up. Now that’s how a Ferrari should sound, I thought.

Love the drive of the F8, which I find more accessible. Love the 812, as its just a bit more scary

GT2goneF and MANDALAY like this.
  18. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    There were 3x contenders after my Atelier; Magma, Coburn and a distant Fuoco.

- Rosso Magma was my favourite, but I had some concern over it being a Maserati colour, which led to my initial defaulting back to RC

- Rosso Coburn, very deep and rich, but under grey skies possibly too dark

- Rosso Fuoco, which I recently had the opportunity to see on an 812. It looked really good in the metal and highly changeable depending on ambient lighting, also a few shades brighter and a touch burnt orange.

I liked the changeable orange tinges, so went Fuoco :)

GT2goneF, Corsaspider and MANDALAY like this.
  19. JanStuart

JanStuart Karting

Mar 20, 2019
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jan Sirota
    Just went 60. Your post was very cathartic

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    What a terrible thing... Bought an 812 to ease the pain... If I did that, I would have no F8 chances. I am busting at the seams with cars. My wife would kill me and then sell all the cars for a profit.

xBox likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You will now see that your car will be completed in a matter of 2-3 weeks.

JanStuart likes this.
  22. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    There was no point fretting over the F8 slipping from July to October, since it was out of my control, but October to March was all me.

I collect the 812 on Tuesday, Blu Elettrico over Cuoio :)

GT2goneF and bwshihtzu like this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Congratulations on your double Ferrari purchase. You will have my favorite two contemporary Ferraris. In reverse order. If I ever get the 812.

xBox likes this.
  24. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Any port news ?
    I’m trapped in port hell. No data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT2goneF likes this.