Agency Power 430 Manifolds with Zircotec Ceramic Coating | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Agency Power 430 Manifolds with Zircotec Ceramic Coating

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jonathan White, Nov 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks James, good information.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It is calibration, with later cars being more sensitive (I've owned early and late) though James raises a good point about updates: certain updates were available for the earlier cars which may put them in the 'sensitive' band.

Software version can be confirmed by diagnostics.

whatheheck likes this.
  3. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Do you know the software version cutoff for the sensitivity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    2007 with AP headers and Kresseig exhaust. Had a cel light every 3-5 times starting the car. Had to reset battery to make it go away until next CEL. Got a tune from Benzworks in Huntington Beach and never had CEL and response and power increased according to butt dyno.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks for the information. Any issues passing Ca emissions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Bit of an old thread, but was wondering if you ever measured before and after temps., as well as curious if the jet-hot finish has held up.

Thanks.

7. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Yes, I did take before and after temp readings and posted them somewhere on this forum. The after readings where higher (both header surface and engine bay), so I ended up installing the Fabspeed heat blankets. This brought the temps back down to oem. Disappointed in the ceramic coating... was expensive and didn't live up to anywhere near their claim. The coating itself is holding up, but then again, I only have about 1000 miles on them.

8. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    that's a bummer on the temp drop.

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Guys. If you want to get next level, consider a bespoke insulated Stainless Steel or Inconel wrap. It will be more effective and longer lasting than a ceramic coat and also better than a blanket... especially a loose blanket. Even a Capristo blanketed manifold still runs hot.

https://www.thermomet.co.uk/

Keeping the heat in the manifold will increase velocity and create more hp.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NMNMNMN, armedferret and mwstewart like this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  11. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you for the response. After I posted, I did further research and concluded that the Jet-Hot process didn't seem to have much if any data behind its claims. I am now thinking of using a plasma applied insulation, like Zircotec. I'm not going to send my headers to England, and fortunately there are a few outfits in the US that use the same process (Swaintech is probably the most talked about). Apparently they all use the same zirconium based product. Zircotec seems to claim that they have a proprietary mix that they use, but the US based folks I've talked to say that they all use the same stuff.

12. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

So bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    How did you work that out, and do you have a pic of the variator control solenoid valve connector pls ?

14. ChrisB F430

ChrisB F430 Rookie

Jul 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris Barnfather

Jonathan - did you ever take temperature readings for your solution? I am in the UK so am looking at the same thing now, with Zircotec, but there is no point if I will have to wrap them anyway (as seems to have been the experience of BlacktopRacing in the US).

I am wondering if the Larini solution of inconel headers in an inconcel wrap might be a better solution.